APIs & Integrations

digows
Participant

Problems subscribing (webhook) for changes to Deal properties

Hello,

I have two problems considering Deal properties and webhook type "Property Changed":

1. The Deal property called "notes_last_updated" has the following note: "The last time a note, call, email, meeting, or task was logged for a deal." But I'm not able to track task changes (creating, removing, marking as done);
  2. I can not create a subscription to the property "hs_lastmodifieddate". I give me a error message asking to contact support. 

Questions:

• Can you help me with thease two issues?
  • If the documentation about notes_last_updated is wrong, how can I track when a user add a new task, remove or mark as done?
0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @digows,

Thanks for detailing the issue so clearly. Let's walk through the query one by one:

1. You're spot on to say that the `notes_last_updated` property is 

• Last activity date: the last date and time of a note, call, sales email, meeting, complete task, or chat on the contact's record. This is set automatically by HubSpot based on the date/time set for an activity when it's logged on the record. For example, if a user logs a call today for a call that occurred previously, the Last activity date property in the record will show today's date.

As such, it doesn't track task changes and currently the Webhook doesn't support getting changing from task engagements. I'd suggest for you to use the Engagements API Overview to poll through recent modified changes. 

2. Currently, property `hs_lastmodifieddate` is not supported on HubSpot Webhook. This is likely why you're seeing the error.

0 Upvotes
digows
Participant

Hi @WendyGoh,

Thank you for replying back. We gave up trying to use the "notes_last_updated" to track Task, as mentioned (I suggest you guys update your documentation about that).

We then figured out that the property "notes_next_activity_date" gets changed when we add, remove, and mark a Task as Done, which is awesome and fits our needs.

The problem is that yesterday, during the investigation, all webhooks fired as expected. Today, it's totally intermittent. Sometimes we got a notification, sometimes not and this is too bad.

Can you help me understand if we are facing a situational problem with your infrastructure, or is it just that, intermittent?

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @digows,

It's tough to say for sure what's going on without taking a look at your app settings, but it sounds like your event throttling is set too low. When this setting is set too low, and you experience a large influx of events, the rate limiting can result in timeouts that are retried seconds, minutes, or hours later.

Under normal circumstances, HubSpot will retry webhook notifications up to 10 times over 24 hours. You can find the details of our retry logic in the Webhook API documentation, and in this changelog post.

I would recommend increasing your event throttling as a first step. It'd also be a good idea to check out your webhook requests in your app's "Monitoring" dashboard to see if there are any errors that might point to an underlying issue.

0 Upvotes
digows
Participant

Hi @WendyGoh,

Thanks once again for being so quick. 

I'm just investigating the possibilities to track the "Deal's engagements". So all webhooks are being sent to this Catcher tool: requestcatcher.com

I've also changed the "Event throttling" to 90 per second. I have an infrastructure for that.

Still monitoring, but I already got a duplicated event when tracking the "num_notes" property, which is also bad lol.

Another question, I need to know which engagement was deleted. Like other deal's properties, how can I check the engagement history of a deal?

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @digows,

Currently, this is not possible.

You'd have to loop through all engagements and compare the ID of the engagement you're looking for against the returned values to see if the engagement exists or not.

0 Upvotes