APIs & Integrations

breixocf

Problem getting Authentication Token

SOLVE

I'm using this link to get the authentication token https://app.hubspot.com/oauth/authorize?client_id=<clientId>&scope=contacts%20content%20reports%20social%20automation%20timeline%20forms%20files%20transactional-email&redirect_uri=https://www.example.com/
and I get this error

I have all scopes accepted:

So why I'm getting the error?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
3PETE
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@breixocf Can you uncheck agregar forumlarios de accion and seeing if that helps?

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21
Mdost

SOLVE

Hello there i am getting following error while trying to activate Live chat in website plugin option my website is connect with hubspot and when i click on live chat option to create live chat for my website customers this error appear Authentication token missing, please navigate to the User Guide and re-connect the plugin if prompted

3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@breixocf please create a new thread, and give us examples of your calls to HubSpot please

0 Upvotes
breixocf

SOLVE

Hello @pmanca @Derek_Gervais!
I have a new answer for you guys. In our company we are using HubSpot for a webpage with JS integration for forms. But now we want to synchronize the data obtained and add some events in Timeline for every contact.

Can I get access token for that app? Can we still have the 2 integrations (JS integration in forms and HTTP requests in code) ?
If you need more info, please contact me :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope you have a good day :blush:

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@breixocf You can use the access token for that app since you have "Formularios" checked off. You do not need a second app.

0 Upvotes
breixocf

SOLVE

I created a test portal, but when I accessed to that page, it gave me the error :frowning: I followed the steps until here
https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/faq/installing-an-app and the Request for integration permissions showed me the error (obviously a different page). I want to do a OAuth integration. Ask me if I must give you more info please.

0 Upvotes
breixocf

SOLVE

https://app.hubspot.com/oauth/2300022/authorize?client_id=229cdc01-02c2-4604-bccb-7009053c288a&scope...

This is the URL that I used. And the page gave me this response

Request for Integration Permissions
Uh oh!
Insufficient scopes were provided. Please contact the integrator.

0 Upvotes
3PETE
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@breixocf Can you uncheck agregar forumlarios de accion and seeing if that helps?

breixocf

SOLVE

I created a new application and it worked! In this new app I don't pick that option... Maybe that fixed the problem, thank you!

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

I'm glad you have it working! Form actions aren't really a thing anymore so checking it off without needing it might have caused the issue.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @breixocf,

Here's some documentation on creating test portals and getting their API key:

breixocf

SOLVE

I use the Developer domain called Enxendra DEV with the Docuten DEMO connection. Sincerely, I don't know how I could work correctly, and I feel strange about this :frowning:

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

No need to feel strange! You need to make a normal portal either in Testing or with a free CRM to test with.

0 Upvotes
breixocf

SOLVE

I thought that I did it. How I must do this?

0 Upvotes
breixocf

SOLVE

I have this accounts, the last is where I will use for test HubSpot integration.

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@breixocf You can only install apps into a marketing/sales portal. You cannot install an app into a developer portal.

0 Upvotes
breixocf

SOLVE

I have everything active.

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@breixocf Checking off the boxes doesn't mean that the portal you are installing the app into has access to automation or hubdb or transactional email.

0 Upvotes
breixocf

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@breixocf Can you DM me your Client ID and secret. I'd like to see if I can reproduce this on my end.

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@breixocf You were missing the hubdb scope but that didn't seem to be the entire fix. I can reproduce it on my end.

0 Upvotes