APIs & Integrations

roysd

Problem Accessing any contacts data

I am definitely missing something, but some help would be much appreciated.

This is my query:

curl https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/lists/all/contacts/all\??hapikey=<token>&count=2
and the result is :
{"status":"error","message":"SAML is not enabled.","correlationId":"f31d51f2-7941-44dc-8a2b-1648e1f510d9","engagement":{"hapikey":"hapikey not engaged. hapikey is not present in query params.","access_token":"access_token not engaged. Token not found in query params.","vendorkey-gae":"vendorkey-gae not engaged. Vendorkey not found in request headers.","oauth-token":"oauth-token not engaged. OAuth access token not found in request header.","shhkey-v1":"shhkey-v1 not engaged. Shhkey not found in the request header.","app-cookie":"app-cookie not engaged. App cookie is not present on the request.","internal-cookie":"internal-cookie not engaged. Cookie not found in the request.","legacy-app-cookie":"legacy-app-cookie not engaged. Auth cookie is not present in the request.","saml-redirect":"Engaged"},"requestId":"7b468aefbb05bbbe103f986aaa27a850"}

Does my api-key need to be attached somehow to the account whose contacts I am trying to pull. Seems that if the dev account its under the same email as the marketing dashboard, it should automatically get the contact list no?

Now, when I do the same request via browser w/o curl

I get this result:

{ "contacts": [], "has-more": false, "vid-offset": 0 }

whereas there are clearly contacts in the dashboard. Is there some subscription I have to set up that connects the dev a/c to the marketing dashboard or something? Thanks.

2 Replies 2
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @roysd,

Two things to start:

• It looks like you have two question marks in your request URL: https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/lists/all/contacts/all \?? hapikey=<token>&count=2
  • You'll want to make sure you're using the correct hapikey. The hapikey you get from your developer portal will allow access to the developer portal, but it will not allow access to test Marketing/CRM portals (or your production portal). You'll need to get the hapikey from the specific portal you're trying to make requests to:
0 Upvotes
ra9r
Participant

I am having the same exact problem. did you resolve it yet?

0 Upvotes