APIs & Integrations

onvista
Contributor

Problem: API - Create a contact property

SOLVE

Hey,

I try to create a custom datetime property via the API, but somehow the response says that my property group name contactinformation is incorrect. I got that value from the docs.

Any idea whats going on?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-26 um 11.12.32.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @onvista.

In your production account ending in 6458contactinformation is a valid groupName. For example, if you query this endpoint for contact property firstname, you will see groupName: "contactinformation" in the response.

Just to confirm, can you verify that you are making requests to account 6458 and not your developer account ending in 8261? Developer accounts do not have contact property groups.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE
Hello @onvista

Please try to use contact_information in place of contactinformation in contact group name. Else you can first create a seperate new contact property group and then can use that group internal name under property create request.

Thanks
Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @onvista.

In your production account ending in 6458contactinformation is a valid groupName. For example, if you query this endpoint for contact property firstname, you will see groupName: "contactinformation" in the response.

Just to confirm, can you verify that you are making requests to account 6458 and not your developer account ending in 8261? Developer accounts do not have contact property groups.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes