Primary email for contact from v1 endpointSOLVE
Dec 3, 2020 11:17 AM
When making requests to contacts/v1/lists/recently_updated/contacts/recent, can I get the primary email of a contact by
- taking the first element of the identity-profiles array
- from this identity-profiles object, taking the unique element of the identities array with "is-primary": true
I'm working on a Hubspot integration that makes requests to the v1 legacy endpoint. In particular, I'm trying to access the primary email of the contacts in the response to contacts/v1/lists/recently_updated/contacts/recent.
The documentation for this endpoint is here:
In the documentation, elements of an identities array (in identity-profiles) do not have is-primary or is-secondary properties. Based on our legacy code, I'm guessing that:
- for each element of identity-profiles, only one element of the identities array has type EMAIL,
- the first element of identity-profiles contains the primary email
- the subsequent elements of identity-profiles are the record's merge history
This isn't explicitly spelled out anywhere I can see though, e.g.
However, what I'm observing when I make these requests today matches what is described in
- EMAIL type identities have either "is-primary": true or "is-secondary": true
- only the first identity-profile contains identities with type EMAIL.
When did this change? Are these observations correct?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Dec 3, 2020 9:13 PM
Hey @KJE ,
Welcome to the Community.
Curious why you do not just add that as an additional parameter in your request. For example, this request grabs the primary and any additional email addresses attached to the contact
|We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!|
Sign up today!