APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Post filter module not working as expected/broken

SOLVE

My script works locally as well as in preview with no errors in console. I am console logging the event listener and it registers in all three places (local, preview, production).

(function($){
$(document).ready(function(){

$('.dropdown').hover(toggleDropdown);
	$('.dropdown ol').slideToggle(0);

$('.dropdown').hover(function(){
		console.log('Hover Dropdown');
	});

});

function toggleDropdown(e){
	var dropdown = $(this);
	dropdown.children('ol').stop(1000).slideToggle(250);
}

})(jQuery);

Within .dropdown ol lives the a Hubl topic filter that listing the default content.

<div class="dropdown">Categories&nbsp;<i class="fa fa-caret-down"></i>
<ol>{% post_filter "topic_dropdown" label="Category Dropdown", expand_link_text="View More", 
filter_type="tag", list_title="", max_links=15, order_by="post_count", select_blog="default" %}</ol>
</div>

If I change the Hubl module to a post_listing everything works. Currently the post_filter module only appears if I am in design manager preview option default blog. If i change the preview option to a different blog the post_filter stops working.

<div class="dropdown">Categories&nbsp;<i class="fa fa-caret-down"></i>
<ol>{% post_listing "my_post_listing" label="My Post Listing", list_title="Recent Posts", 
listing_type="recent", max_links=5, select_blog="default" %}</ol>
</div>

Except now the dropdown shows a list with each article name not the tag/category as needed. The Hubl reference states either of these modules can be used in a blog post. Would the post_filter module not work if there is another of the same modules? or if the module were used on the listing page and blog page?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Solution
Not applicable

SOLVE

I did not have any content pulling in bc there was no content defined in that particular blog. Adding tags fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @fly.space.age,

Can you send me a link to the blog template in question so that I can troubleshoot directly?

0 Upvotes
Solution
Not applicable

SOLVE

I did not have any content pulling in bc there was no content defined in that particular blog. Adding tags fixed the issue.