APIs & Integrations

KKauper
Participant

Possible to refresh deal state, before an Extensions API iframe action?

SOLVE

Hi All,

I have created a Hubspot app using the Extensions API. The user sees the app on a deal page. When the user clicks a button in the card, our SaaS app is opened via an iframe (IFRAME action). At this point, in our SaaS app, I want to have access to all of the contacts associated with the deal.

I have implemented a solution to this by using the Hubspot contact search api, when the deal card is first loaded.

But, the problem is, by the time the user clicks on the card action, and the iframe is loaded, the user may have added other contacts to the deal.

Does anyone have a solution for this? For example, can I somehow chain actions, so that I trigger an ACTION_HOOK, which fetches all of the current deal contacts, before opening the iframe?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
LeeBartelme
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

I don't think so. I think in this case, you'd need to either train users to refresh the page if they modify data or pass in the deal id (or whatever data you need) to your external system and call HubSpot's API from the external system to fetch the data you need.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
LeeBartelme
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

I don't think so. I think in this case, you'd need to either train users to refresh the page if they modify data or pass in the deal id (or whatever data you need) to your external system and call HubSpot's API from the external system to fetch the data you need.

0 Upvotes
KKauper
Participant

SOLVE

**bleep**, that's a shame. I think this should be considered as a product enhancment.

0 Upvotes
KKauper
Participant

SOLVE

Hahaha... The word "d-a-m-n" was bleeped. Lol.

0 Upvotes
LeeBartelme
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Post it to the ideas forum (product teams look at that one) and contact your customer service rep if you have one to tag it as a roadblock on your account. All these things help product know of potential needs.

0 Upvotes