APIs & Integrations

CTo
Mitglied

Polling recent Page View information

lösung

Hi i have read through many postings related to tracking page view but I haven't been able to find what i am looking for.  I am looking for an API to return me the information on the Contact Activity screen showing the Page Views.  I want to get this information for all contacts but don't want to do it one contact at a time.  For performance reason I only want to get the latest page views.  We have the Professional Subscription using API key.

(1)   Ideally this API would be similar to how Email Event API works.  It will give you the latest Page Views for All contacts in chronological order from most recent.

(2)  Being able to add a filter like start date (Email Event API has startTimestamp) to only return all page views after this date.  This is not critical but is nice to have.

(3) the information return would give me the contact (vid or email) that view the page.  Hopefully also I would be able to get the Page Name and datetime it was view.

Possible Solution I have found on the forum:

(1) Using "Tracking Code Page API"
     I understand this uses javascript to pull information into Hubspot.  However am trying
    to pull information from Hubspot.  Would the Analytics API be used to pull the data
    gather from Tracking Code?  I understand this API usage requires Enterprise which I
    don't  have.  I am not sure if this API would give me the grandular data I need
    mentioned above like which contacts view the page etc.

(2) Using "Web Analytics"

I understand this is in Beta and wouldn't be stable for us to use in our production
    environment.  Also when I tested this API it looks like you can only get the latest page
    view per contact.  I would need to get it for any contacts since I dont want to loop
    through all contacts.

(3) Contact API

Problem is this API return Page view per contact.  We don't want to loop through all
     contacts.

Here are two articles I found but are old.
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Downloading-page-view-data-for-all-contacts/m-p/2...

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/API-to-Identify-Visitor-Track-Page-Track-Visitor-...
    all contacts.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
himanshurauthan
Lösung
Vordenker/-in | Elite Partner

lösung

Thank you @dennisedson for counting me in. 😊

Hi @CTo,

I'm afraid that, at this time HubSpot only has a single API that you might have to loop, but they have it planned for the future, as mentioned here that - currently they only have it for a single object but they might restrict that in the future.

You can use the e_visited_page filter to get the visited page only.

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/events/web-analytics

The alternative for this is, you might set a workflow - send a webhook request on a new page view.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
himanshurauthan
Lösung

lösung

Thank you @dennisedson for counting me in. 😊

Hi @CTo,

I'm afraid that, at this time HubSpot only has a single API that you might have to loop, but they have it planned for the future, as mentioned here that - currently they only have it for a single object but they might restrict that in the future.

You can use the e_visited_page filter to get the visited page only.

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/events/web-analytics

The alternative for this is, you might set a workflow - send a webhook request on a new page view.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
CTo
Mitglied

lösung

thanks for quick response and input.

dennisedson
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam