APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Pipeline/ Deal stage move based on action

Hi, we are trying to figure out if it is possible to move a deal to a specific pipeline and deal stage based on a specific action. For example, if we enter a contact into sequence but the email comes back as bounced then we would want our app to move that deal to a Limbo pipeline in a deal stage “bounced”. Would this be possible through the available apis?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Sam_Lampe

It is possible to update the stage and pipeline of a deal through the API. There are some more details about how the pipeline and stage values are related to each other here:

Deals Pipelines Overview | Deal Pipelines API

The Deal Pipelines API has been exposed to allow for easy integration with the HubSpot CRM objects.

but in general you’d just need to update those two properties when updating the deal.

As far as getting contacts that bounced emails, you can create a list that would contain any contact with at least 1 bounced email (details at the bottom of this page), and then periodically poll that list for new records.

Get recently added contacts from a list | Contact Lists API

GET /contacts/v1/lists/:list_id/contacts/recent

0 Upvotes
mtmatt

I am looking for the same functionality - Move deal to another pipeline stage - but I want to do it from a Zapier workflow so I can do a bunch of call outs to a whole bunch of other systems (Slack, Intercom, etc).

For example:

1. In Hubspot, a sales person moves a deal from pipeline stage 1 to stage 2.
  2. Contact associated with deal is added to a smart list associated with stage 2.
  3. In Zapier, a workflow runs that uses the contact to do a bunch of cool stuff in other systems.
  4. Last stage of Zapier workflow moves the deal to stage 3.

In looking at the Deals API, it looks like a non-trivial effort to do #4…this would be a killer new feature for the Hubspot Zap.