APIs & Integrations

Seth
Participante

Permission error 403 in Zapier

API error says I don’t have permissions. We are a paid sales pro account.

DataPostError: Problem creating auth. (authorization failed: api.hubapi.com returned (403) Forbidden and said “This access_token (d5c30da1-bed2-4239-bdda-638a603ec220) does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [content-access])”)

It was working previously but recently stopped.

0 Me gusta
5 Respuestas 5
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@stilli What endpoint are you trying to get at? Do you have an example of the OAuth call where you request the scopes?

0 Me gusta
Seth
Participante

This is a zapier integration trying to create a contact. I don’t have any more detail other than the error message.

0 Me gusta
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@stilli This might be better to reach out to Zapier then about the error as they have access to make any adjustments that are needed.

0 Me gusta
zwolfson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@stilli and @pmanca I think I see what’s going on. As a sales pro user, you don’t have access to the content tools in HubSpot (that’s basically what the error message is trying to say). The reason this is no longer working is because we recently started to check scopes on authorization instead of just when they actual request is made. You should look into using the HubSpot CRM (vs just HubSpot) Zap which shouldn’t be requesting the content scope.

If that’s the Zap you are already using, then we will need to have them request fewer scopes for the HubSpot CRM channel.

-Zack

Seth
Participante

Thank you Zack, that appears to have been the issue. I recreated the Zap with Hubspot CRM instead of Hubspot and it worked.

0 Me gusta