APIs & Integrations

ATarasov
Participant

PRODUCT cannot have associations through Ecommerce Bridge

SOLVE

Hi there,

I'm developing custom Ecommerce integration between Hubspot and MODX(Commerce solution). Initially marketing team added properties, products, pipelines etc.. I've already connected via API, created store, that works perfectly. I've also added mappings settings via API(as I previously got this "Ecommerce Bridge settings do not exist for SettingsAssociation" and this error: "No settings found - Have you defined any with https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/ecommerce/v2/upsert-settings ?", including SKU<->SKU mapping for product).

Now I'm trying to add product via API and got the next message: "PRODUCT LI_OTO_VI_LC12 cannot have associations through Ecommerce Bridge"

LI_OTO_VI_LC12 is SKU, we have such a product manually created on HS side, API source request is the next(before json wrapping of course):

Array
(
[objectType] => PRODUCT
[storeId] => store-id
[messages] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[action] => UPSERT
[changedAt] => 1627976020
[externalObjectId] => LI_OTO_VI_LC12
[properties] => Array
(
[Purchase Name] => Product name
[SKU] => LI_OTO_VI_LC12
[Product Code] => LI_OTO_VI_LC12
[Purchase Date] => 1627976020
[Purchase Start Date] => 1627976020
[Purchase Value] => 220.00
)

)

)

)

Surfing documentation I've noticed there are some problems with [externalObjectId] => LI_OTO_VI_LC12 externalObjectId search, as it stored during import procedure and empty otherwise, that's why HS can't find associations. Not sure I'm right here, please advise what should I study deeper to understand how to find products manually created on HS side using SKU mapping.

Here is a portion of the Product mapping setting:

"PRODUCT" => [
"properties" => [
[
[
"externalPropertyName" => "SKU",
"hubspotPropertyName" => "SKU",
"dataType" => "STRING"
],

With regards,

Anton

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ATarasov
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

FYI, I've got a reply from your HS colleagues but another way and trying to fix what I have now, here is the answer:

The Ecommerce bridge uses the externalObjectId for associations and because your Products were not created in HubSpot by the Ecommerce Bridge they do not have externalObjectId. More on this here. You will need to sync the products from the external store to HubSpot first. If your goal is to track eCommerce deals in HubSpot this is the best method.

"PRODUCT LI_OTO_VI_LC12 cannot have associations through Ecommerce Bridge”

From this error, it looks like you are trying to associate based on the SKU property for the Product here

I hope this helps to point you in the right direction. If I can help further let me know.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ATarasov
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

FYI, I've got a reply from your HS colleagues but another way and trying to fix what I have now, here is the answer:

The Ecommerce bridge uses the externalObjectId for associations and because your Products were not created in HubSpot by the Ecommerce Bridge they do not have externalObjectId. More on this here. You will need to sync the products from the external store to HubSpot first. If your goal is to track eCommerce deals in HubSpot this is the best method.

"PRODUCT LI_OTO_VI_LC12 cannot have associations through Ecommerce Bridge”

From this error, it looks like you are trying to associate based on the SKU property for the Product here

I hope this helps to point you in the right direction. If I can help further let me know.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@zaklein , @himanshurauthan either of you able to assist here?

0 Upvotes