APIs & Integrations

CEDR

PHP is breaking cross-domain tracking, any way to fix it?

Hey folks, this is probably a dumb question, but PHP is a little out of my wheelhouse and I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. 

Basically, I have a software product people can log into (located on cedrsolutions.com) and once they're logged in, they can click a link to access a Zendesk knowledgebase that's been set up on cedrsolutions.zendesk.com.  The link they click on cedrsolutions.com isn't a direct link to cedrsolutions.zendesk.com, it's a URL that executes some PHP that uses SSO to log the user into Zendesk, because the content on cedrsolutions.zendesk.com is only visible to logged-in users. 

When the user does this, the cross-domain tracking is broken and they end up with two unconnected Hubspot cookies. This means I can't associate their actions on cedrsolutions.zendesk.com with their Hubspot contact.

I am assuming this happens because the PHP code that SSOs the user into cedrsolutions.zendesk.com isn't executing the Hubspot tracking code, so the necessary URL parameters aren't added to cedrsolutions.zendesk.com for cross-domain tracking to work. 

My question is, is there any way to fix this so the SSO process doesn't break the cross-domain connection? Can the Hubspot tracking code somehow be added to the PHP code that is getting the user SSOed into Zendesk? I have a developer for PHP stuff, but I'm not exactly sure what I'd need to ask him to do to resolve this.

Hopefully this question makes sense, please let me know if it's gibberish or if there's info I left out.  Appreciate any assistance!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
CEDR

PHP is breaking cross-domain tracking, any way to fix it?

*Bump*  Anyone? Any ideas?

0 Upvotes