APIs & Integrations

DJones90

Outlook Integration - Initial Email Not Logged

If an email is received by an unknown contact, let's say john@client.com, I open the email in outlook and in the right hand toolbar I have my Hubspot Sales plugin pinned, it shows a button to add the individual to hubspot and any responses from that email are logged. It does not however log the original inbound email and that contains crucial data about the enquiry.

I believe there is a method by which the email could be forwarded to a hubspot address however it seems like a poor solution to a simple problem. It would be more intuitive if the plugin added that original email as part of the new object creation.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @DJones90 👋 Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!  To confirm, you are not missing any options for the sales tool and logging the initial email automatically. Here is a link to the documentation you mentioned — Log email in your CRM with the BCC or forwarding address.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
DJones90

I understand how the Bcc and forwarding features works, this does not answer my question though. I can forward an inbound email and it will create a new record but my suggestion is that you include this as part of the 'Add to CRM' button within the outlook plugin.

Currently if I receive a new email from an unknown sender I can go to the hubspot plugin and click add to CRM, it will create a new contact with the email address already populated but it doesn't automatically add that email to the new contacts history.

0 Upvotes