APIs & Integrations

embite

Order of line items created by API

Hello,

We are using the API and we have the following problem:

When I create line items and associate these line items with a quote the order seems random.

Is there a way to order these line items? I know that we can manually order the line items. But that won't work for us because we want to automate the complete proccess. 

The above question is also  asked here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/How-can-I-control-the-display-order-of-line-items...

But there is no solution yet. 

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @embite 👋 Thanks for reaching out. Looking at the documentation for the Line Items endpoints, this has not changed since the answer was given in the post you linked. 

If I have an update or find any related documentation or changelogs, I'll be sure to update this post.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
embite

Hi Jaycee,

Thanks for your response. In the other post I linked is not a solution given. My question is how can I change the order of associated line items in a quote? 

To give a litle bit more background information:

We use the PHP library for making the request. 

We create multiple line items in a batch. In the batch request the line items are in the correct order. The line items are added and the created line items are returned. Then we use the returned line items to make a batch request to associate each line item to the quote. The line items are however in a random order. How can we control the order?

Look forward to hearing from you!

0 Upvotes