APIs & Integrations

Douglas_leve

Open a specific conversation

SOLVE

Hi,

I would like to be able to open a specific conversation using the conversationID or something else that could be used to identify a conversation. Is there anyway to do that? Something like 

window.HubSpotConversations.widget.load({ conversationID: 123456789 });

or #hs-conversationID-123456789

My clients are always identified, since they only have access to the chat after they are logged in, and they can keep more than one conversation about different topics at the same time.  I would like to control which conversation I open accordly to the topic the clients choose. Chatflows won't solve the issue because they don't let me restore a previous conversation, or they open a new conversation or they open the last conversation, independently of the selected chatflow. 

Regards,

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
natsumimori
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@Douglas_leve I checked in with my internal team and I can confirm that it is currently not possible to open a chatflow based off the conversation ID.

View solution in original post

t-sander
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the hint @natsumimori

I created https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Use-Chat-widget-logged-in-amp-use-own-frontend-for-Ch... - Use Chat widget logged-in & use own frontend for Chat Conversations 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
t-sander
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the hint @natsumimori

I created https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Use-Chat-widget-logged-in-amp-use-own-frontend-for-Ch... - Use Chat widget logged-in & use own frontend for Chat Conversations 

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Great! Thank you @t-sander !

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @Douglas_leve and @t-sander ,

Sorry I missed to respond here.

I understand that this is a pain point, thank you for sharing your feedback. 

I wanted to recommend you to share this feedback/product improvement request in the Ideas Forum by creating a new post. Our product team is constantly on the lookout here for users' feedback and ideas on ways in which they could possibly improve the functionality of our tools. When considering this idea as a new feature for future updates on the tool, we will based off from this platform. Creating a new thread in the Ideas Forum will also allow other users to upvote and leave their comments.

If one of you decided to create an idea post, please share the link in this thread so that anyone who finds this thread can easily navigate to the idea post and give it an upvote:)

0 Upvotes
t-sander
Participant

SOLVE

@natsumimori Same use-case here. The customer is always logged in, so automatic identification would be possible (e.g. via e-mail address).  Your competitor solves it pretty nicely: https://developers.freshchat.com/web-sdk/#loggedin-user 

0 Upvotes
Douglas_leve

SOLVE

Hi @natsumimori, is it possible to include it in the development backlog? Ideally, it would be nice to open a chat based on the conversation ID.

If opening a specific chatflow opened the last conversation of that specific chatflow instead of opening the last conversation at all, it would also help. Maybe this case could be prioritized since it looks like a bug, doesn't it?

Best Regards,

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Douglas_leve ,

I've found this API documentation in HubSpot Developers- Opening to a specific chatflow on the page

Does this help?

0 Upvotes
Douglas_leve

SOLVE

Thanks @natsumimori, but this doesn't help. It will open a new conversation OR it will open the conversation where the last message was sent, independently of which chatflow was used to create that conversation. None of these behaviours are desirable for my case of use 😑

If it opened the last conversation created by the chatflow I selected (which it doesn't), it would help.

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for confirming @Douglas_leve . Hmm I don't see a relevant API available in the HubSpot Developers' doc so it may not be possible.

@Bryantworks and @LPM , do you have an idea/suggestion to open the last conversation created by the selected chatflow? 

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@Douglas_leve I checked in with my internal team and I can confirm that it is currently not possible to open a chatflow based off the conversation ID.