APIs & Integrations

maxhowenstine

ODBC Connection- Deal Stages show as Alpha-Num not Human Readable

SOLVE

Hi all,

I am attempting to analyze Hubspot data through tableau. I started by connecting to hubspot via CDATA's ODBC connection. I am particularly interested in analyzing information various about deal stages. 

Through the iODBC Demo portal, when I do a Select * from Deals, all deal stages display as non-human readable, alpha numeric codes.

I figured they would be mapped to human readable stages in the DealStages table. However, the StageName column is then populated with 'DealStage' for each row.

Question: How can query deal data and associate each deal with a human readable deal stage?

Much appreciated 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @maxhowenstine.

I'm happy to speak to the HubSpot Deals API and CRM Pipelines API, however I can't advise on specific steps within an iODBC portal.

For guidance on this integration, please contact support@cdata.com, (accessible in your account from SettingsIntegrationsAppsCData Software MoreContact support).

That said, I suspect CDATA is pulling deal data from a Deals API endpoint like this. As with other deal properties, the endpoint returns the internal name — or stageId — for the dealstage property — not the value's label.

This CRM Pipelines API endpoint can be used to match cryptic stageId values to human-readable label values.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Sam_Williams

SOLVE

Hi @maxhowenstine 

Were you able to solve the problem you were facing?

If not, I strongly recommend you to have a look at Sprinkle, which easily integartes with HS and any other reporting tool. We had an issue while  trying to display our data from HS through Tableau. 

At that point we came across this platform, which helped us a lot. Particularly, for real time data reporting and showcasing complex reports (which had more than two dependent variables). 

Hope this helps others as well.

Cheers

Sam

0 Upvotes
johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@maxhowenstine, One solution to your situation is to use the Tableau Connector for HubSpot in the HubSpot App Marketplace. The issue you reported regarding alphanumeric characters has been addressed in the design of the data warehouse that is included with the connector service.

John

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @maxhowenstine.

I'm happy to speak to the HubSpot Deals API and CRM Pipelines API, however I can't advise on specific steps within an iODBC portal.

For guidance on this integration, please contact support@cdata.com, (accessible in your account from SettingsIntegrationsAppsCData Software MoreContact support).

That said, I suspect CDATA is pulling deal data from a Deals API endpoint like this. As with other deal properties, the endpoint returns the internal name — or stageId — for the dealstage property — not the value's label.

This CRM Pipelines API endpoint can be used to match cryptic stageId values to human-readable label values.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes