APIs & Integrations

SBrothers

OAuth via AWS Cognito

We are using AWS Cognito as our user authentication gateway for our application. We are also working on integration with HubSpot and are looking to find direction/documentation on leveraging Cognito OAuth for the HubSpot integration. Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

OAuth via AWS Cognito

Hi @SBrothers,

I hope all is well with you 😃

As mentioned by @Derek_Gervais in this forum discussion: HubSpot Community - Cognito and Hubspot - HubSpot Community, we currently do not integrate with Amazon Cognito. 

That said, digging into this I was able to find that workato has an integration between Cognito and HubSpot here - Amazon Cognito and HubSpot integration | Workato; you may want to check this out.

Hope this helps to clarify!

0 Upvotes
SBrothers

OAuth via AWS Cognito

Wendy - thanks for the reply! I took a look at those resources and think I may not be phrasing the question clearly (or just misunderstanding things).

We don't need to integrate the user authentication process of Cognito with HubSpot. Instead, we are just wondering how to integrate our app itself with HubSpot - with the Cognito layer already in place.

In other words, for our users, we'll already have JWT tokens in place for our own API (via Cognito). So, we assume that integrating our app with HubSpot will require a separate OAuth connection between our app and HubSpot (somewhat independent of the user auth already going on with Cognito).

Am I thinking of this correctly?

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

OAuth via AWS Cognito

Hi @SBrothers,

Thank you for the clarification here!

That's a right train of thought! You can creating an app in a HubSpot Developer account and use the client ID and client secret from that app to initate an OAuth handshake between HubSpot and your integration. 

For this, you can learn more about it here: OAuth 2.0 Overview.

0 Upvotes