APIs & Integrations

JustinDowty
Participant | Diamond Partner

Notification or webhook for marketplace uninstall

I have developed a custom application that is listed on the HubSpot marketplace. The app uses its own automated monthly payment system. I need to have a way of knowing when and if a user has uninstalled my app within HubSpot in order to automate the cancellation of their subscription. I can easily have a page where the user can cancel their subscription and take care of it that way, but the concern is if a user uninstalls the app in HubSpot they will probably assume that discontinues their payment. So I need at the very least a way to know when a user uninstalls, or be able to redirect them upon uninstall to a page where they can fully disconnect from my app. I was hoping maybe checking access tokens for an account that is uninstalled regularly could be a solution, but even if uninstalled the response for the access token is the same as if it needs to be refreshed, that it is expired, so I have no way of using that method to tell if a token is expired or if that user has actually disconnected the app. Any advice on a solution here would be much appreciated.

8 Replies 8
mswanson8
Participant

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to do that! I added an upvote as well  

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
Participant

Hi @dennisedson 

Is this feature implemented? We are also looking for a way to implement uninstall functionality.

Is there any workaround to know if a user has uninstalled our app?

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@01236 ,

This has not been implemented

0 Upvotes
Stonesvillage
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Would love a notification webhook when the customer uninstalls our app.
I know that other CRM-providers have something like this - pipedrive for example...

exitdump

😕 was this feature still unavailable as of this moment?

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

We'd use this!

While were asking for new features I'd add a request for a Cancel API Endpoint so we disconnect an Integration if the Customer cancels.

Let me know how I can help.

Mike

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

hey @JustinDowty ,  

I don't know if this functionality exists.  I could be totally wrong.  @himanshurauthan , have you done something similar? 

If this functionality does not exist or is hacky to implement, I think this would be a clear winner on the ideas forum

Best of luck!

d

0 Upvotes