APIs & Integrations

BryceMc
Participante

Notes entries through Zapier going to contact rather than Activity Feed

resolver

Hi HubSpot Community, 

Thank you for being willing to help. My answering service is attempting to setup a custom API which utilizes Zapier to generate or add notes to new contacts who call in to the answering service, into HubSpot.

The concept is the answering service receives a caller, takes down their email, name and phone number as well as the reason for their call, that information gets over to the CRM as a new contact (if it is new) and the note shows in the activity feed and under Notes. That's the idea, but it's not what's happening. 

When they select "add note" in Zapier as a function, the note is being added as a custom field under the Contact column rather than an Activity Feed note. There are mulitple problems with this, the main one being it's overwritten every time a new note is made and it's not plainly visible. 

I also run into this when attempting imports of multiple notes.

Going into Settings > Properties > Properties, I do see the "Notes" Multi-line text Custom field has an option to select Email InformationWeb Analytic History or Conversation Information as opposed to Contact Information, which is what's selected for the custom field by default. 

WIll changing the above custom field correct the zapier note problem so the notes land where they should? If so, what should I change it to? Or is there something else which needs to be selected in Zapier, like an engagement or something in order to correctly see my phone notes in the Activity Feed and Notes section?

Than

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
WendyGoh
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hey @BryceMc,

Spot on! When looking to create note in a contact record under the 'Notes' tab, you would need to select the 'Create Engagment in HubSpot' event in Zapier instead of setting it as a note property. Here's an example:

exampleZapier.png

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

1 Respuesta 1
WendyGoh
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hey @BryceMc,

Spot on! When looking to create note in a contact record under the 'Notes' tab, you would need to select the 'Create Engagment in HubSpot' event in Zapier instead of setting it as a note property. Here's an example:

exampleZapier.png