APIs & Integrations

sebastianstr
Participant

Not possible to disable Hubspot tracking

SOLVE

Hello everybody,

the wappalizer Chrome extension showed me that Matomo Analytics is firing. I just wanted to check if this comes via Hubspot and disabled GTM and the Wordpress-Plugin but the Hubspot tracking is still active.

Does anybody has a clue where I could find an additional HS tracking code on the following page?

www.hrworks.de

Cookies are deleted and cache is cleared!

Best regards

Sebastian

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @sebastianstr,

Based on my knowledge, the two ways to install HubSpot tracking code on WordPress site are either through: the WordPress HubSpot plugin or manually install the HubSpot tracking code on the editor settings. 

If you checked both areas and you're still seeing the HubSpot tracking code firing, I'd recommend you to check through any javascript files that your team may have implemented on the site. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @sebastianstr

I'm assumping that https://www.hrworks.de/ is a Wordpress site? If so, you may want to:

• In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Appearance > Editor.
  • In the list of theme files on the right side of the editor, select your Footer.
  • Paste in the tracking code and select Update File.

This is likely where the HubSpot tracking code was installed. 

You can also reference this article: Install the HubSpot tracking code

0 Upvotes
sebastianstr
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Wendy,

thanks for your reply. We implemented the hubspot pixel via GTM and with the Hubspot Wordpress plugin. Both are disabled and its still firing?!

Is there a workaround to find the problem? Just for going sure I checked the theme editor files but found nothing.

Best, Sebastian

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @sebastianstr,

Based on my knowledge, the two ways to install HubSpot tracking code on WordPress site are either through: the WordPress HubSpot plugin or manually install the HubSpot tracking code on the editor settings. 

If you checked both areas and you're still seeing the HubSpot tracking code firing, I'd recommend you to check through any javascript files that your team may have implemented on the site. 

0 Upvotes
sebastianstr
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Wendy,

thanks for your help. Unfortunately a Gravity Forms Hubspot Plugin added the code.

Now everything looks fine, thank you.

Best regards

Sebastian

0 Upvotes