APIs & Integrations

mlavigne
Participant

Not getting the field total_count on List blog posts call

SOLVE

Hi,

I use to get a property total_count on the return json when calling /content/api/v2/blog-posts as per the documentation here:

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/blogv2/get_blog_posts

My logic relies on this property but it's now missing. Is that a bug, api change, am I the only one missing this field? I'm wondering if it is safe to rely on this value.

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @mlavigne.

The team confirmed that total should be used in place of total_counts and that the values should match. We will be updating the documentation accordingly.

If you're seeing discrepancies between the number of objects returned and the total value, could you share an example response via direct message which exhibits the issue?

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @mlavigne.

Something does seem to have changed. The response I receive from the List blog posts endpoint no longer matches the JSON example here.

While I don't receive a total_count field, as documented, I do see a total field at the bottom of the payload alongside the offset.

Do you see a total field returned?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
mlavigne
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @IsaacTakushi,

Thanks for your reply. I do recieved the total field at the bottom of the response but it doesn't match the number of return objects like the total_count did. 

Today we have changed our logic to count the numbers of objects in the response instead of relying on the total_count field.

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @mlavigne.

Thanks for the additional context. I'm glad you have a workaround for the moment.

@WendyGoh and I will confirm whether total should match what was formerly returned in total_count and update this thread accordingly.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @mlavigne.

The team confirmed that total should be used in place of total_counts and that the values should match. We will be updating the documentation accordingly.

If you're seeing discrepancies between the number of objects returned and the total value, could you share an example response via direct message which exhibits the issue?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
mlavigne
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the prompt reply @IsaacTakushi, much appreciated.