APIs & Integrations

jawadfazal

Not getting all the email events

SOLVE

I am new to Hubspot API. 

I want to get all the email events for a recipient (test account).

Get request at the following endpoint is not giving me all the events for the recipient. 

https://api.hubapi.com/email/public/v1/events?hapikey=apikey&recipient=xyz@hotmail.de

We even sent new emails and opened and clicked it but still there are no new events.

Am I sending requests to the wrong url?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hey @jawadfazal ,

The Email Events API only returns events related to marketing emails. Is it possible that you're sending sales emails (i.e. emails sent directly from the contact record)? Sales emails appear on the contact record as engagements, and can be pulled by using the Engagements API.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
chris5102311

SOLVE

hi, i am confused on how to use that offset.  How do i use it to page through results?  I can get the first 10, but i cant figure out how to use the offset to get the rest.  Anything will help and thank you!

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hey @jawadfazal ,

The Email Events API only returns events related to marketing emails. Is it possible that you're sending sales emails (i.e. emails sent directly from the contact record)? Sales emails appear on the contact record as engagements, and can be pulled by using the Engagements API.

0 Upvotes
jawadfazal

SOLVE

Thanks Derek.

That could be the reason.

I see it in Engagement API.

It was supposed to be a marketing email.

I guess it was not setup properly.