APIs & Integrations

xy-siang

Not all designated columns in contacts are pulled from hubspot

Hi, 

I am able to pull out data from hubspot to Qliksene by using the REST API connection, through the endpoint of  standard CRM objects in bubspot.

hubspot11.PNG

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/contacts 

url for endpoints to call the contact API object in HubSpot:

https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/objects/contacts?limit=10&paginateAssociations=false&archived=false&hapikey=YOUR_HUBSPOT_API_KEY 

The account which I am using is vinod@aven-sys.com, hub ID - 3978304 and below is the selected columns, under the contact section.

contact1.PNGcontact2.PNG

But when loading the data in Qliksense, not all the contact columns in hubspot were shown in Qliksense.

Does anyone knows what causes and how to solve the isssue?

Regards, 

XY Siang 

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

@xy-siang @dennisedson  Although this is an older post, I thought it would be appropriate to mention that our firm provides a Qlik Sense integration for HubSpot in the HubSpot App Marketplace. It runs on the same integration platform platform, Datawarehouse.io, as our other BI connector apps for HubSpot (Tableau, Power BI, Azure Data Studio, Looker and Datapine).

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
xy-siang

Hi @dennisedson , 

Can check with you if there's any update on the question posted previously?

Thank you

Regards, 

XY Siang

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @xy-siang !

Apologies for missing that follow up question!

1.  To get the name of the owner, you will need to send the ID to the Owners API

You will have the option to print out all owners or search by the Owner ID. 

2.  To get associations, you will add the query param &associations= followed by the association(s) you are wanting to see.

So if you are wanting to pull company and deal associations, it would look like this &associations=companies%2Cdeals

3.  In the returned json, you will notice paging at the bottom.  Within that, you will be provided an additional query parameter that you can use for your next request which will give your subsequent batches of 100 contacts.  You will loop through this until you are done

Hope this helps!!!

0 Upvotes
xy-siang

Hi @dennisedson , 

No worries. Thanks for your reply. 

1.  To get the name of the owner, you will need to send the ID to the Owners API. You will have the option to print out all owners or search by the Owner ID.   -> Is there anyguide or example to send the ID to the Owners API? 

3.  In the returned json, you will notice paging at the bottom.  Within that, you will be provided an additional query parameter that you can use for your next request which will give your subsequent batches of 100 contacts.  You will loop through this until you are done -> How to loop through this until I am done? Would you mind explaining this in more details ?

Thank you. 

Regards, 

XY Siang

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @xy-siang 

Adding @quentin_lamamy and @prosa here who might be able to help with some basic code examples. 

It would also be helpful to understand what language you are using.  PHP, Javascript?  If you do some searches for pagination on the Community boards, you should certainly find some examples 😀

0 Upvotes
xy-siang

Hi @dennisedson , 

I am not using using any programming langauge. I am just using the REST Connection in qliksense. I am currently using 

the 'Next' pagniation in my qliksense. I tried to experiment with various options but doesn't seemed to work. 

So if you happened to know if anyone who knows how to use the 'Next' pagniation in qliksense, please do let me know, Thanks!

xy-siang_1-1609297558937.png

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @xy-siang ,

Sorry for the unnecessary question about programming language! In this thread, @Anthony_DAndret posted this link to the qliksense community which discusses the topic of pagination.  Maybe @Anthony_DAndret has some insights on getting the Owner name rather than the Owner ID as well 😅

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @xy-siang !  

You will need to add the properties that are missing to the API call.  The default call is only going to produce a minimum of properties

You should be able to find the internal name in your portal by following the instructions here. Once you find the property you want to target click edit and then  click the </> next to the property name to reveal the internal name.  Use that in your API request 

It will look something like this: 

https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/objects/contacts?&properties=INTERNAL_NAME&limit=10&paginateAssociations=false&archived=false

Hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
xy-siang

Hi Dennis, 

Thanks for the guide and I am enable to pull data the required columns from hubspot to qliksense, based on the above sharing.

But I have the following questions:

1. Contact Owner (internal name: hubspot_owner_id) showing as code ID instead of name in qliksense

hubspot101.PNG

In the documentation, I checked that internal name of contact Owner is hubspot_owner_id. Is there a way to show them as names instead of  hubspot_owner_id?

hubspot100.PNG

2. No internal name for Associated Company property 

I can't find the internal name for Associated Company property in the property link that you have shared. Can you please advise what can be done for the Associated Company property? 

3. Limit of 100 records retrieved each other time

In this vinod@aven-sys.com, hub ID - 3978304 account, there are about 2000 contacts.  But when using API REST connection to pull data from hubspot to qliksense, I can only retrieve 100 records each time. Is there a way to retrieve all the 2000 contacts?

Thank you

Regards, 

XY Siang

0 Upvotes