APIs & Integrations

Francois_Robber
Membre

No permission to update

Good Day

I currently have an API call creating or updating contacts on hubspot. Creating works fine, but when updating I get the following error “User does not have permission to edit this”.

There is no indication on which field can’t be edited or what permissions are required. The user authorized with the API has full rights to view and edit everything on the portal.

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Votes
7 Réponses
Derek_Gervais
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

No permission to update

Hi @Rahul_Chhlotre,

Can you send me your app ID and the Hub ID of a portal that has the app installed so I can take a closer look?

0 Votes
Rahul_Chhlotre
Membre

No permission to update

Hello @Derek_Gervais

We have solved issue , there was permission issue with user , but not sure why permission was changed.

Thank you so much for your help, you are always helpful for us.

Cheers.

hridayesh
Participant

No permission to update

Hi Guys,

I am facing the same issue (Error says User xxxxxx does not have permissions on portal [Hub_Id]) for update contact API (contacts/v1/contact/createOrUpdate/email). However create API (contacts/v1/contact) is working fine.

Could you please help me with this...

@Rahul_Chhlotre , Could you please let me know how can I update the permission for the user. How can I find the user (mentioned by Id) in above error.

Thanks!

Hridayesh

0 Votes
Derek_Gervais
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

No permission to update

Hi @Rahul_Chhlotre,

1. This may seem basic, but has the access token you’re using expired?
  2. Are you making a request to the same endpoint listed above? If you’re making requests to the ‘Create or update a contact’ endpoint, you should replace the name key with property
  3. Did the integration request all the correct scopes? For the ‘Create or update a contact’ endpoint, the integration needs the contact scope.
0 Votes
Derek_Gervais
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

No permission to update

Hi @Francois_Robbertze,

It’s possible that the integration user doesn’t have edit permissions for contacts that are not assigned to them. I look forward to hearing back after you change the integration user to a super admin. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, we can continue troubleshooting.

0 Votes
Francois_Robber
Membre

No permission to update

The URL that I used is https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/contact/createOrUpdate/email/email@email.com.

It is a valid email adress that exists, although I am not allowed to share that at the moment.

The body I am posting is {“properties”:[{“property”:“address”,“value”:“601 Jefferson St”},{“property”:“state”,“value”:“Not Applicable”}]}

When creating a new contact, this does work, it is only on updating when it fails.

The full error is {“status”:“error”,“message”:“User does not have permission to edit this”,“correlationId”:“036a5f7f-ef06-4125-aada-9a09c33512e7”,“requestId”:“edec2ae8ad6a4b7cca75d36d80b1c5ce”}

The user we are using for creation and update is an admin user on hubspot for the account, although the user is not assigned to any team. Could it be that these contacts are already assigned to another user in a specific team?

We are currently pushing a lot of users through to hubspot, and I will change the user to a super admin tomorrow morning to confirm if this could solve the update issue.

0 Votes
Derek_Gervais
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

No permission to update

Hi @Francois_Robbertze,

Can you reach back out with the URL/body of the request you’re making, and the full error being returned?

0 Votes