APIs & Integrations

WayneE

No more API Keys!

Hi All,

I was looking to run a test export of all my data from HubSpot CRM to another CRM such as Zoho, Sugar etc.

However, HubSpot has stopped allowing simple access to APIs, which, as I understand it, are required to export your data.  Instead, there is a big log list of things you need to do now to obtain your data. None of which appear straightforward to anyone without in-depth technical knowledge. 

My questions are: 

Is there a simple set of steps that I can follow to export all my data into another CRM?

Why has HubSpot done this, it now seems exceptionally complicated to export your data. (are they losing market share or something and deliberately trying to make things difficult?)

Thank you.  

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

No more API Keys!

Hey, @WayneE. Thank you for being honest. I agree, there are some tradeoffs here between security and ease-of-use.

I will say that once you set up a private app, and the 3rd party product's documentation is clear on the required scopes, it becomes nice to not have to give away all the access for your portal to a tool. And instead control what and where your data is used and accessed. 

Can you give the community a specific example of an app or integration you want to connect? Having a specific example will help the community assist you and possibly provide a targeted solution or next step.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
WayneE

No more API Keys!

Hi Jaycee,

Thanks for coming back.

My problem is that i am not a developer and wish to perform a simple migration which i could do previously with the HubSpot API. However, the private app change appears to have complicated things. After my last message, i created a private app and was given the choice of 'CRM' and 'Standard'.  I checked all settings in each of these options which created an API key. The import worked appears to have worked except, I did not get 'Emails', 'Notes' or 'activities'. The instructions here: are great if you understand what on earth you are being shown but to someone that simply wants to export some items, it's truly complicated. Can you assist, please?

0 Upvotes