APIs & Integrations

YWAMQT
Participant

No longer able to add custom properties to CRM Card Data Request properties

SOLVE

Hello,

It seems that adding custom properties to the PROPERTIES SENT FROM HUBSPOT field in a CRM Card's Data Request tab is currently broken.

When I try to type in a custom property internal name and then either hit the Enter key or click Create option "property_name", nothing happens EXCEPT for the Javascript error in the browser console shown below. Upon pressing Enter or clicking Create option again after that, it does this:

YWAMQT_0-1669169045405.png

Where it should say just school, it instead says Create option "school", which is incorrect. Testing the CRM Card data fetch to my server, I have confirmed that it indeed does not send the school property in the request URL from HS to my server.

Javascript Error

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot add property 105, object is not extensible
at Array.unshift (<anonymous>)
at DK.createNewOption (index.js:669:21)
at DK.onOptionSelect [as onSelect] (index.js:780:14)
at HK.handleMouseDown (index.js:959:18)
at Object.Le (react-dom.production.min.js:54:317)
at Be (react-dom.production.min.js:54:471)
at We (react-dom.production.min.js:55:35)
at Kr (react-dom.production.min.js:105:68)
at Qr (react-dom.production.min.js:106:380)
at react-dom.production.min.js:117:104
at Ol (react-dom.production.min.js:274:42)
at ze (react-dom.production.min.js:52:375)
at eo (react-dom.production.min.js:109:469)
at rn (react-dom.production.min.js:74:59)
at tn (react-dom.production.min.js:73:73)
at HTMLDivElement.nrWrapper (408708:240:29524)
at HTMLDivElement.o (index.js:412:21)

Any insights?

1 Accepted solution
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @YWAMQT I reached out to the Hubspot team via the developer slack channel and mentioned this issue. They confirmed it as a bug on their end (as you originally stated) and have fixed it from what I can see based on my testing this morning.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hey @YWAMQT 

I am not the most techy person, but what you said would indicate that "school" isn't an existing contact property. Can you check your property settings and see if "school" exists at contact level?

I also found this HubSpot Community thread which goes into a bit more technical detail and explains, why you might not be seeing the custom property in your setup. Hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
YWAMQT
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Frank,

Have you seen my previous reply? It has been a week since I replied.

Cheers

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @YWAMQT 

I saw but like my in-depth knowledge of APIs is rather limited. I am tagging a few of HubSpot's community managers who might be able to pull some experts into this thread.

@MiaSrebrnjak @kvlschaefer @Jaycee_Lewis do you know of any community members who might be able to help? My one go to HubSpot tech expert is @coldrickjack 😉

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @YWAMQT@franksteiner79,  thank you for the tag! 

I wonder if @stefen@Teun, or @Indra have any advice they could share? Thank you! 

Mia, Community team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes
YWAMQT
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Frank,

Yes, I can 100% confirm that the school property does indeed exist in my portal. Here is a screenshot of the property definition:

YWAMQT_0-1669259813820.png

As more proof, here is a screenshot of my other CRM card (I'll refer to it as Card 1) that is in the same app as the original card (Card 2) I sent you in the OP:

YWAMQT_0-1669240325978.png

Notice how school shows up as it should. Card 1 was setup ages ago with the custom properties without any issues. Card 1 is functioning as normally as it did when I first set it up, successfully sending all desired custom properties (such as school and month) to my server.

Here is another screenshot of Card 1 if I try removing the school property and then adding it back in. It gives the same Javascript error in the Console as Card 2, and displays the same incorrect Create option "school" label as Card 2:

To me, it seems that there may have been a feature-breaking change made to the Javascript code recently, which requires immediate attention.

YWAMQT_2-1669240901032.png

I would also like to add that I tried creating a completely new app in the Developer portal and then adding the school property to a new CRM card in that new app, just to make sure that the issue wasn't isolated to the app in the OP. But that one failed as well with the same Javascript error for multiple different custom properties.

I'm curious if this issue is unique to my account, or if anyone else can reproduce the error in their accounts...

Are we able to bring some developers into this conversation?

Cheers

0 Upvotes
coldrickjack
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @YWAMQT 

For what it's worth I'm also seeing the exact same issue as you. This to me looks like a bug on HubSpots end that should be addressed. In the past I was always able to define custom properties to be sent to my server and now no matter what I do I get something similar to the below:

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 10.52.51.png

I'd expect the above to show "apples", "bananas" and "oranges" which would be the internal names of my custom properties within the installed portal.

This isn't helpful I know but I'm just confirming I've the exact same issue as you and this is pointing towards a fix needing to be made on the HubSpot side. @MiaSrebrnjak can you please escalate this to product for a fix?

@YWAMQT I've also created a support ticket from my end to see if that helps.

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for flagging @coldrickjack! I'll connect with the support team and get this on our product team's radar! 

Cheers
Mia, Community team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes
YWAMQT
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Mia, any word yet from the support/product teams about this issue?

Cheers

0 Upvotes
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @YWAMQT I reached out to the Hubspot team via the developer slack channel and mentioned this issue. They confirmed it as a bug on their end (as you originally stated) and have fixed it from what I can see based on my testing this morning.

0 Upvotes