APIs & Integrations

nealbansal

News Feeds

SOLVE

Hey! Is there a way to add news feeds to Hubspot? I wanted to have a running news feed with mentions about my company on my dashboard and have a news feed about the companies in my contacts and their news feed. Would that be possible?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

News Feeds

SOLVE

Welcome, @nealbansal.

At this time, HubSpot dashboards do not support customized social feeds.

Twitter streams, available in Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise subscriptions, are the most similar native functionality, however they cannot be placed on dashboards.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Davidcl

News Feeds

SOLVE

Hi @nealbansal - this is an old thread but in case anyone else ever needs it - we have created a custom-made HubSpot app for business news monitoring, alerts, and newsfeed integration back to the CRM (using CRM cards) at clutterless.io (you can also find it on the HubSpot App Marketplace). 

IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

News Feeds

SOLVE

Welcome, @nealbansal.

At this time, HubSpot dashboards do not support customized social feeds.

Twitter streams, available in Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise subscriptions, are the most similar native functionality, however they cannot be placed on dashboards.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
nealbansal

News Feeds

SOLVE

Ok! Thanks for the information. I had two other questions that could probably generate quick responses. 

First off, is it possible to have a speaking engagements/events/conferences on the dashboard? My boss wants to know when his speaking engagements are and whatever conferences he could possibly go to.

Second, I have an excel document with some information about some of the contacts (company contacts) I'm going to add. I was going to create properties for that information, but is it possible to just import that information so I do not have to do it manually? (So it would be able to match the company with the row in the excel sheet, then transfer the information associated with that row into their contact).

Thanks!

Neal B.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

News Feeds

SOLVE

Hey, @nealbansal.

Happy to clarify:

1. There's no way to port events of this kind onto a HubSpot dashboard, but if they were created as HubSpot tasks, they could be surfaced in a My Tasks report. See attached.
  2. Yes, it's possible to import information to update contacts and companies, among other records, but there are a few hoops to jump through:
    1. You'll have to create custom properties during the import process if table columns don't match up with existing properties (see article above).
    2. You'll have to include an Email column to deduplicate contacts and a Company domain name column to deduplicate companies (see article above).

My Takss report.png

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
nealbansal

News Feeds

SOLVE

Awesome! Thank you so much for your help!

From,

Neal B.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

News Feeds

SOLVE

Happy to help, @nealbansal.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes