APIs & Integrations

nikolajovanovic

New Workflow ID in URL

SOLVE

Hello,

We're using v3 version of the Workflows API when retrieving workflow, so that we can enroll contact into it. URL is: "/automation/v3/workflows/{workflow_id}".

We were taking workflow ID from URL that is generated after we create the workflow through your Workflows UI, example:

https://app.hubspot.com/workflows/{portal_id}/flow/{workflow_id}/edit

Now we see that your URL and interface for workflow is slightly changed and that new URL is different:

https://app.hubspot.com/workflows/{portal_id}/platform/flow/{workflow_id}/edit

When we tried to copy workflow ID from new URL, it didn't work. Then we had to inspect Network in Developer Tools to find the actual workflow ID we were using on old URL.

Desktop 2020-01-15 17-50-54.png

This way it worked and our API was enrolling contacts into workflow, but wil old ID.

Is there any other way of getting old workflow ID as it was on old URL, other than inspecting Network tab in Developer Tools?

Best regards,

Nikola

1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

New Workflow ID in URL

SOLVE

Hey @nikolajovanovic,

Just an update, currently we do not support the flow ID for the new Flows platform.

In this case, the best solution for now is to pull the workflows through the Get Workflow API and present it in a dropdown list. This is probably a better experience than copy/pasting parts of the URL. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

New Workflow ID in URL

SOLVE

Hey @nikolajovanovic,

Currently, the id on the url link is known as the flowId. This is due to a recent change that you can learn more about it here - Using upgraded contact-based workflows

In this case, could you share with me more on your use case? Specifically, how often is your team retrieving the workflow id? This is because, maybe your team can explore the option of using this endpoint - Get workflows | Workflows API. Using this endpoint, you can get all the workflow's id and flow id at one go and you do not have to login to your HubSpot portal.

Let me know your thoughts on this and/or if there's any further questions. 

0 Upvotes
nikolajovanovic

New Workflow ID in URL

SOLVE
Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your reply. Our use case is like this:

- Customers copy workflow ID from URL
- They paste workflow ID inside our application, inside their account's dashboard.
- When payment is successfully processed, we get workflow with this ID and trigger it.

Since old workflow ID is not accessible via URL any more, I'm afraid our customers will not be able to find it by inspecting Netwoork tab, since not all of them are tech people.

Best regards,
Nikola
0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

New Workflow ID in URL

SOLVE

Hey @nikolajovanovic,

Thanks for sharing your use case with me. 

Currently, while there isn't a straight forward way to retrieve the workflow id, I've passed along the feedback to get/add contact/delete/remove contact in workflow using the flow ID instead of workflow ID to my internal team. I'll keep you posted with any updates here.

0 Upvotes
nikolajovanovic

New Workflow ID in URL

SOLVE

Hi @WendyGoh,

Thank you, please do let us know. We might think of solution for fetching all workflows for specific customer (portal ID) and presenting them in dropdown. So they can choose, rather then inspecting Network tab in Developer Tools. Of course, this case is possible only if response via API we'll get old worklow IDs and not new ones.

Best regards,

Nikola

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

New Workflow ID in URL

SOLVE

Hey @nikolajovanovic,

Just an update, currently we do not support the flow ID for the new Flows platform.

In this case, the best solution for now is to pull the workflows through the Get Workflow API and present it in a dropdown list. This is probably a better experience than copy/pasting parts of the URL. 

0 Upvotes
mgoswick
Contributor

New Workflow ID in URL

SOLVE

Hey @WendyGoh is there any plan to make the worklfow ID findable within the tool, or will it only be accessable via the a "Get all workflows" API call? I ask as it requires an extra call and parsing to get the ID of a particular workflow, which counts towards daily API limits. Further, other tools (such as email) make it easy to access the ID for integrations, so it seems odd that in this particular case, it would be gated behind an API call when other instances are not.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

New Workflow ID in URL

SOLVE

Hey @mgoswick,

Currently, the best way is to use the "Get all workflows" API to retrieve the workflow IDs.

If it's the API limits that you're concern with, do note that we have revised our API limits and you can check it out here.

0 Upvotes