APIs & Integrations

Timmwardion22
Participant

New Tealium integration with pre-existing Hubspot

Hi All.

I'm in the process of integrating a new Tealium Instance with a Pre-existing Hubspot instance. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with that and how you approached it.

I know that Hubsppot has knowledge of a contacts email, and wants to recieve updates from tealium against that email. The only way I can see to do that is to use the hubspotutk to call https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/contact/utk/{hubspotutk}/profile and see whether the token is known - if it is known, extract the email and use that to push an update. Seems very cumbersome escpecially as javascript is blocked from making that call by Hubspot's CORS policy (see here for a way around that https://www.kelp.agency/blog/how-to-enable-cors-ajax-requests-for-any-hubspot-api)

Strangely though I know the token is also used to handle contact updates/inserts from web forms, so I'm wondering if that token would work if pushed as an ID by Tealium - but I can't find any evidence that is the case.

It USED to be the case that hubspotUTK was included in the webhook so previously I could have used that to give tealium the token and then used it to match against the utk on page load, but that has since been removed and the webhook payload seems to have nothing in it that will allow me to sync with hubspot contacts at runtime.

The alternative of course is to just start collecting emails again with tealium and use that to push data into hubspot, but it seems like there should be an easier way to leverage the data we already have rather than starting from scratch.

Cheers,

Tim

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

New Tealium integration with pre-existing Hubspot

Hey @Timmwardion22 !

Apologies for delayed response. 

@stefen authored that article and may have some thoughts

@tjoyce  may have an opinion as well.  Well.. he always has an opinion, but that is for another day 😉

0 Upvotes