APIs & Integrations

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

New API: Tickets

What's Happening?

With the launch of the Service Hub, we now have a new object within the HubSpot CRM --- tickets. Tickets represent a customer request for service, and the response you make in reply to that request. The Tickets API lets you generate new tickets and edit existing tickets within HubSpot.

What's Changing?

Nothing; this is an entirely new API! Check out the developer documentation here.

When is this happening?

Immediately! The Tickets API is now live.

Feel free to reach out in the comments below with any questions/concerns!

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
hfang

Hi @Derek_Gervais , I just noticed that this tickets api is still under developer preview program. 

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/tickets/tickets-overview

Is there a timeline of stable version release for this tickets api?

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hey @hfang,

I don't have any specific timeline at the moment. The Tickets API is still in Developer Preview as the team continues to collect feedback and update or add new functionality. The core functionality isn't rapidly changing, but as an API in preview it is still potentially subject to changes/bugs as the team continues to expand the overall functionality.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Welcome, @kakigori!

All public announcements and timelines regarding API changes will be published to the Changelog.

That said, it's not possible to look up tickets by custom property values at this time. If you don't wish to store ticket IDs in your system, the best approach I can think of is to query the CRM Associations API for tickets associated with a given contact ID (vid) and then pass the returned ticket IDs to this endpoint.

While I can imagine the team wishes to add custom property search to tickets in the future, I believe such a function would be added to contacts, companies, and deals first, since that has been a long-standing request.

If you would like to see this type of functionality added to the Tickets API, please post your request on the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum including as much detail as possible. This information is sent directly to our Product team and helps prioritize feature requests that have the greatest impact on our customers.

If you share a link to your idea here, I'll be happy to upvote it.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
prozdev
Participant

@Isaac_Takushi Thanks for the helpful reply! That's exactly what I needed. I've got it working now, but yes, it would be more convenient still to have a more direct way of getting tickets, so I'll add to the ideas forum later.

prozdev
Participant

We've just started using the Service hub, and tickets are our first priority. We're switching over from our internally built system. I was wondering it there's a timeline published somewhere about new endpoints and request parameters. For example, one thing we're wanting to do ASAP is get all the tickets based on a custom HubSpot property like our user's ID. I see it's possible to get a batch of tickets with ticket IDs, but we'd ideally not want to manage ticket IDs with users on our site. Thank you for your help.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @saurabh442,

I've reached out in another thread:

Hi @saurabh442, The only issue with that request body is the status property you're trying to set. You can cut that entirely; that value is set by the hs_pipeline_stage property. Your request body should look like this: [ { "name": "source_type", "value": "CHAT" }, { "name": "created_by", "value": "3449104" }, { "name": "subject", "value": "testing subject" }, { "name": "hs_pipeline", "value": "0" }, { "name": "hs_pipeline_stage", "valu…

0 Upvotes
saurabh100

Hi Derek_Gervais,

I've tried to create tickets using API but the given document data is not enough for this it is showing pipeline error when I'm using the pipeline hs_pipeline is 0 and hs_pipeline_status is 1 then was getting the different issue "PROPERTY_DOESNT_EXIST", please Help me regarding this.thanks

0 Upvotes