APIs & Integrations

itsMarkHewitt

Need contact to recalculate deal properties

Hi there. I've created a service that imports a CSV generated from an outside system, then makes the necessary API calls to Hubspot to put in deals and contacts.

The contacts have fields automatically generated by Hubspot that are not properly reflecting the deals that are in the system those fields being:

Associated Deals
Recent Deal Amount
Total Revenue
Recent Deal Close Date

I have a contact that has no deal data in those fields, but it has a deal assigned.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Mark Hewitt

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @itsMarkHewitt,

I would expect the associatedDeals properties to populate on the contact record if the contact record has an associated deals and if the associated deals is a a closed won deal, the following properties:

Recent Deal Amount
Total Revenue
Recent Deal Close Date

Should be updated accordingly as well. Unless if the association has been removed/the deal got deleted.

To look further into things, can you share with me:

1. Your portal ID

2. The contact ID that has an associated deal but the fields are not reflecting 

0 Upvotes
itsMarkHewitt

IDs supplied in a private message.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @itsMarkHewitt,

Thanks for sharing the information across via DM. With the information, I was able to identify the issue!

While I'm seeing that the `Associated deals` property is being populated with '1', the reason these following properties isn't populating on the contact record:

Recent Deal Amount
Total Revenue
Recent Deal Close Date

is because the deal isn't closed won

I understand that the deal stage is `Application Won` however the `Win Probability` is being set as '10%' instead of 'Won' under the `Sales Pipeline` (At the top right hand corner, click on the 'Settings' gear icon > At the left side panel, expand 'Sales' > Click on 'Deals' > Click into 'Sales Pipeline')

Learn more here: Set up and customize your deal pipelines and deal stages

Once the `Win Proability` of the `Application Won` stage has been updated to 'Won', you should see the following properties populating on the contact record:

Recent Deal Amount
Total Revenue
Recent Deal Close Date

0 Upvotes