APIs & Integrations

sh3

Need advice for for app development in marketplace

Hello Guys,

I want to create a extension or app for my contact center product. This extension/app need to be published on Hubspot marketplace so my future clients who they are using my contact center and Hubspot can download and use. So can you give me idea about following points.

1) Do we need to develop a chrome extension or app?

2) Please provide me the steps to develop the extension/app. Like how we develop and technologies we can use.

3) is there and Review process criteria while publishing on HubSpot market place, then please provide detailed information about the review process and their cases we need to verify

My main concern is that whether its an extension or app? 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
kestrada
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi there @sh3 !

It is great to hear about your interest in building and possible sharing an APP within our Marketplace!

You could create an APP in HubSpot. You can find the steps to do it, here: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/faq/how-do-i-create-an-app-in-hubspot

In Hubspot, an app is used to help us identify your integration.  So when you authenticate your integration using OAUTH your details for your app will authorize your user to connect.

Once you create your application, to add it to Hubspot App Marketplace,  an app listing will need to be submitted to start the review process.  More information about this process can be found here.

I hope this helps you with your app creation process!

Regards,

KiraRobot Happy

0 Upvotes
sh3

Hi Kira,

Thanks for your response. I have already checked that link which you shared but if you read the content it only explains how to create an app.. using developer account. But it doesn't clarify my questions.  whether it's a chrome extension or web app? 

1) Do we need to develop a chrome extension or app?

2) Please provide me the steps to develop the extension/app. technologies we can use are not mentioned there.

3) is there and Review process criteria while publishing on HubSpot market place, then please provide detailed information about the review process and their cases we need to verify

0 Upvotes
kestrada
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi there @sh3 !

Please find below extra information that may help you to achieve the creation of an APP with Hubspot:

1. Do we need to develop a chrome extension or app?

It will be necessary to create an application so it can be integrated with HubSpot using a Developer Account. Having this App created is also part of the requirements for using for example:

- The timeline

- WebHook APIs

That said, this will be up to you. Although the majority of apps that integrate with HubSpot are web Apps.

2. Please provide me the steps to develop the extension/app. technologies we can use are not mentioned there.

We have no preference for the language chosen. This will be whatever works for you best. The key here will be that we provide a range of APIs that can be accessed via HTTPs,  and pretty much any major language could achieve this.

You can find some sample APPs written in Node/Javascript, PHP, and Ruby:https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/faq/sample-apps

3) Is there and Review process criteria while publishing on HubSpot market place, then please provide detailed information about the review process and their cases we need to verify

Related to this process, our best resource that can guide you on this will be the one I shared with you on the previous response.https://developers.hubspot.com/submit-an-application-to-the-marketplace

Using Hubspot Apis in an efficient way: accounting rate-limiting, using batching when appropriate, etc.  It will help your App to go through the reviewing process successfully.

I hope this helped you to clarify further there.

Regards,

Kira

light.png Did my post help answer your query?  Help the Community by marking it as a   solution

0 Upvotes