APIs & Integrations

twsupport

Need access to SSO on dev account

SOLVE

I created a dev account that needs access to SSO testing. When I try to access SSO, it asks me to contact sales and upgrade the account.

What do I need to get this access as a developer?

Thanks

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @twsupport.

At this time, it is unfortunately not possible to access SSO on a developer test account.

In short, our current infrastructure prevents SSO identity profiles from being managed properly and securely on trial and test accounts. The team plans to implement SSO on these accounts in the future, but I can't offer a concrete timeframe. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
TestBoxJake
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there!

Just wanted to add ourselves to the list of people interested in having SSO enabled for trial and dev accounts. Please let us know if there are any updates!

Thank you!
Jake

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @twsupport.

At this time, it is unfortunately not possible to access SSO on a developer test account.

In short, our current infrastructure prevents SSO identity profiles from being managed properly and securely on trial and test accounts. The team plans to implement SSO on these accounts in the future, but I can't offer a concrete timeframe. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
KindraWP
Participant

SOLVE

Checking in on this - is this possible yet? 

0 Upvotes
dmcewen
Participant

SOLVE

@IsaacTakushi 

Any update on this?

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @dmcewen.

I don't have any additional information here, however I can let the team know that another user has asked about this feature.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
rad
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey all,

I work with the team that manages HubSpot's SSO support, & I'd be happy to take feedback here on the need for SSO in developer accounts. I'd like to ask a few clarifying questions on the use cases & all that fun stuff. Do you mind giving me a bit of info about the need you're facing to use SSO in your dev portals?

• Which account are you looking to set up SSO for? Your developer hub (where your app & test portals are managed) or a test portal?
  • What are you hoping to test with SSO support? Is this to confirm that SSO works properly as a sandbox before setting it up in a "production" account, or are you testing something about your application & how it interacts with SSO?
dmcewen
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @rad

To answer your questions:

• Ideally, it would be on the test portals. For our team, each developer has their own test portal, which we connect to a different portal on our side. So having it per test portal would make the most sense. (But, having it in the developer hub, is better than not at all)
  • We're building a CRM extension, we'd like to be able to leverage SSO to be able to securely log into to our portal via SAML SSO, via the extension. We already have an integration with HubSpot and this would go a long way with creating a seamless experience.