APIs & Integrations

wmegenney

Need Help creating the 'Redirect URL' for my Hubspot Developer app

SOLVE

So here is the high level overview of what I am trying to do.

I am trying to use a Mulesoft connector that connects to the hubspot custom app I build to connect to hubspot to pull custom object data so I can push it to salesforce.

Here is exact detailed step of where I am at right now and what applies to this post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I created the custom app and I am in the Auth Tab in 'Settings'

I have everything I need all the way down, but when I get to redirect URL, im stuck.

I understand that this URL is required for Oauth, but my questions is what do I put in here exactly so this can work so I can 'Install' this app in my main hubspot org so I can move on to the next step.

Like I mentioned before the end goal is to use mulesoft.

Here is what I have in there now "api.hubapi.com/oauth/v1/token"

Hopefully someone out there can help. Thanks

EDIT: Also I know of the Salesforce connector, but the connector only works with standard objects not customs objects, which is what we need to connect to.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @wmegenney.

Thanks for the detailed description. I'm happy to clarify.

Integrators usually point the redirect_uri back to their web application so that their scripts can grab the code parameter value appended to the URL and make the final request to this endpoint.

If you're completing the OAuth connection manually, however, you can use pretty much any URL, including your own website's home page, www.hubspot.com, or even www.google.com. Don't use api.hubapi.com/oauth/v1/token, however, as that's reserved for HubSpot's OAuth flow.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @wmegenney.

Thanks for the detailed description. I'm happy to clarify.

Integrators usually point the redirect_uri back to their web application so that their scripts can grab the code parameter value appended to the URL and make the final request to this endpoint.

If you're completing the OAuth connection manually, however, you can use pretty much any URL, including your own website's home page, www.hubspot.com, or even www.google.com. Don't use api.hubapi.com/oauth/v1/token, however, as that's reserved for HubSpot's OAuth flow.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
wmegenney

SOLVE

Thanks! I appriciate this this helped me understand it. The token generated is used for later and the URL doesnt really matter for what Im trying to do specifically. Thanks again