APIs & Integrations

ds1

Multiple Hubspot instances to protect leads

We are a franchise operation and each franchisee can compete with each other. We have been using Hubspot corporately (i.e. head office) and would like to architect multiple hubspot instances so that each office can send EDMs, blog and have full access to contacts and leads but they all talk to the central HQ version. This ensures the lead gen side is clean and each office gets the MQLs they have earned. Has anyone done what we want to do? If so can we make contact and discuss the best approach?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Sounds interesting, but you'll want to share more detail around your current setup and desired goals.

Current Setup

• Which tier of HubSpot do you currently use (Pro or Enterprise)?
  • Are all franchisees HubSpot users?
  • About how many franchisees? - e.g., >10, >100, >1000?

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
ds1

Hi Frank,

Current version is Enterprise. 

Currently HO Corporate has a website, EDM's, Blogs, Campaigns, SEO optimisation and integration with our industry specific CRMs (note each franchise has a CRM instance) on a single instance of Hubspot.  The challenge around lead gen information sharing and even security around EDM lists in an internally competitive franchise model has me thinking we should consider multiple instances (i.e. a Hubspot per office integrated at that level with each office CRM) this would allow EDM sent at the office level without worrying about sending to the wrong list (accident pr on purpose:-)) and Lead score and gen at the office level.  Needing to appear corporately as one brand the thinking is we integrate the multiple instances of Hubspot into a single 'parent' version.

Number of franchises are currently 15 with a view to grow again (post Covid),

I'm interested to hear your thoughts and hope this helps, kind regards David

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Sounds pretty well organized and straight forward at a high level.

If we understand the hierarchy, could be that only a HubSpot ID (HubID) needs to be attached to each office-level lead (contact), and that HubID needs to be passed up to the corporate HubSpot instance.

This would mean every lead at the corporate level would have it's originating HubID identified at the contact (lead) level. That way, should competiing offices generate leads from the same company, the contact creation date/time stamp could be examined for who generated the lead first ... etc. Does that make sense?

Would need much greater detail before making recommendations, but sounds like a great topic of conversation for your HubSpot account manager.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com