APIs & Integrations

emeposk
Miembro

Multipage forms

Hello,

I have a form the collects contact data on page1(and some custom fields), and then redirect to a second page with a disclaimer. I am not able to legally save their custom fields until they agree to our disclaimer.

The problem I ran into is that the second form doesn't have access to the contact information collected on page1, so I have no way to determine if the user accepted our disclaimer. Thus stops my webhook from ever firing.

I contacted support, and they told me there was no built in way to pass information from one form to another, and suggested I make a post on the developers form for ideas.

0 Me gusta
3 Respuestas 3
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Multipage forms

Hi @emeposk,

While this would be easier with a custom-coded form where you could collect both pages' field data and then send it to the Forms API in one request, I understand the desire to remove a developer from the process.

I'm still trying to come up with a workaround when two native HubSpot forms are used... Could you give me a bit more information on how your webhook is configured? Do you have JavaScript on the second page which I overlooked? If you can share your code on how it's firing, that may help.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Me gusta
emeposk
Miembro

Multipage forms

1.) Two distinct forms.
2.) The forms were built by our marketing team inside of hubspot. The main reason the marketing team wanted to use hubspot, was so that they could build and activate landing pages without having to involve me(developer).

https://inventing.davison.com/submit-your-idea
https://inventing.davison.com/isa_ad

3.) Disclaimer is absolutely on page 2. What I meant was my webhook is setup to only fire if contact information is collected & second form is filled out. However, when the 2nd form gets filled out it doesn't have any contact information associated so the webhook would never fire.

0 Me gusta
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Multipage forms

Hi @emeposk,

Happy to help. Would you clarify a few things for me?

1. Are we working with two distinct forms or one form split between two pages?
  2. Are these custom forms which use the Forms API or embedded or native HubSpot forms? Please share links to the first landing page and the forms in your HubSpot account.
  3. You claim that the disclaimer is on the second page, but the sentence "the second form doesn't have access to the contact information collected on page1, so I have no way to determine if the user accepted our disclaimer" implies that the disclaimer is on the first page. Which page is the disclaimer on?

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Me gusta