APIs & Integrations

yvod

Multi step signup flow and HS API architecture

SOLVE

Hey,

I want to create a custom signup flow with a few steps from a 3rd party application (my application with its own rest API and DB). At every step, I want to collect some contact information from the lead. After completing the signup flow I want to add this contact to my contacts list in HS (as well as to my own DB).

How would you approach this?

1. Store the information in a session (on the client) while collecting it from the lead, and after the session is done (complete/drop/other) - CREATE a new contact in HS. 

2. The moment a lead provides some mandatory information (i.e phone @ email) - CREATE a new contact and UPDATE HS with every change.

hope that makes sense,

any help would be appreciated

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Teun
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @yvod ,

That depends, do you want to store contact information in HubSpot if someone does not complete the signup?
If not, you should probably create a contact when the user finishes the signup flow.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @yvod,

I agree with @Teun, you should only create the contact in Hubspot once the user finishes the sign up, otherwise you'd store their information in Hubspot without their consent.

I don't know where the company you're building the website is from, but you should be careful to comply with current privacy-related regulations like GDPR if you're in Europe.

Now regarding the technicalities, using the local storage client side to store each step's information before you push the contact into Hubspot will work but it really depends if you're having one step per page or if you are dynamically loading each step on the page in AJAX (in this case you could simply store the values in a javascript object).

Hope this helps,

Ludwig

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Gade
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @yvod,

How are you planning to collect the consent from the user? Are you considering form-submission as consent or do you have a checkbox at the end?

Best,

Bhargava

0 Upvotes
yvod

SOLVE

@Teun @LMeert 

Thanks for the advice!

0 Upvotes
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @yvod,

I agree with @Teun, you should only create the contact in Hubspot once the user finishes the sign up, otherwise you'd store their information in Hubspot without their consent.

I don't know where the company you're building the website is from, but you should be careful to comply with current privacy-related regulations like GDPR if you're in Europe.

Now regarding the technicalities, using the local storage client side to store each step's information before you push the contact into Hubspot will work but it really depends if you're having one step per page or if you are dynamically loading each step on the page in AJAX (in this case you could simply store the values in a javascript object).

Hope this helps,

Ludwig

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

Teun
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @yvod ,

That depends, do you want to store contact information in HubSpot if someone does not complete the signup?
If not, you should probably create a contact when the user finishes the signup flow.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

0 Upvotes