APIs & Integrations

tpaton
Participant

Moving the website to Wordpress - what will we lose?

SOLVE

Currently our website is built on the HubSpot CMS and is hosted with HubSpot.

However, we've had a number of issues with customisability (or lack thereof) and our domain (https non-www not working). Switching to a Wordpress site would also reduce our monthly cost, although we'd need to get it developed.

I'm just wondering, what will we lose? Assuming that we set up an API integration (we're on Marketing Hub Professional at the moment) and get the tracking code installed?

Will we lose the ability to easily create new forms, even if we get something like Gravity Forms - will each have to be custom-coded to push the data to the right place? I've also heard that the forms will no longer be pre-populated with existing lead data from cookies, which is concerning somewhat. It's very important that we're able to monitor lead interaction with our website after they have submitted an initial form, as we can now.

Appreciate any insights you guys can provide.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @tpaton.

Happy to clarify, however I also want to remind you that you have full access to HubSpot support with your subscription. My colleagues in support are happy to answer these kinds of questions and tend to respond more quickly than we do here on the Community.

With that said, let's dive in.

If you move your website to WordPress, you should not lose many of the vital functions you cite.

With the WordPress plugin, HubSpot will still collect visitor browsing information, allow you to create and embed forms on your WordPress pages, and enable other HubSpot tools like live chat and pop-up forms.

If the HubSpot tracking code is installed on your pages via the plugin, then embedded forms will populate with known information as long as the same cookie is recognized or a new visitor identity is established on your WordPress site.

As I'm sure you know, a disjointed experience is the primary disadvantage to hosting your site on WordPress. For example, you won't be able to go to a single page in your HubSpot instance to see all its content and analytics data. Additionally, HubSpot won't be able to collect information on where your forms and CTAs are embedded. The tools in HubSpot will say "Appears on: No HubSpot pages."

Feel free to reach out to me or support with additional questions!

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @tpaton.

Happy to clarify, however I also want to remind you that you have full access to HubSpot support with your subscription. My colleagues in support are happy to answer these kinds of questions and tend to respond more quickly than we do here on the Community.

With that said, let's dive in.

If you move your website to WordPress, you should not lose many of the vital functions you cite.

With the WordPress plugin, HubSpot will still collect visitor browsing information, allow you to create and embed forms on your WordPress pages, and enable other HubSpot tools like live chat and pop-up forms.

If the HubSpot tracking code is installed on your pages via the plugin, then embedded forms will populate with known information as long as the same cookie is recognized or a new visitor identity is established on your WordPress site.

As I'm sure you know, a disjointed experience is the primary disadvantage to hosting your site on WordPress. For example, you won't be able to go to a single page in your HubSpot instance to see all its content and analytics data. Additionally, HubSpot won't be able to collect information on where your forms and CTAs are embedded. The tools in HubSpot will say "Appears on: No HubSpot pages."

Feel free to reach out to me or support with additional questions!

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes