APIs & Integrations

NGermay
Participant

Move Custom Objects from the Sandbox to Production

SOLVE

We built several complex custom objects in our Sandbox environment. We are getting ready to load data into our production environment and need to copy the custom objects. One option is to do it by hand within HubSpot, which will take a long time and is prone to errors.

Is there a quick/easy way to export the Custom Objects and Properties we have added to the Contact Object from our sandbox to production environments? I found API requests to pull the data for the Custom Objects, but it doesn't look like I can use that export to directly import into the production environment.

2 Accepted solutions
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NGermay 

We start by creating the Objects in Postman because we work from Dev to Staging to Production. When we start in Postman we just tweak the Objects as we learn.

You can pull the Objects using the API, then push them into another HubSpot Portal, you'll need to clean out everything except the bare minimum of properties to avoid clashes. 

And, I would set up a test portal to test your API work – you can't rename Objects if you make a mistake (you have to delete them and add them again).

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

KMurota
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@NGermay 

As @Mike_Eastwood suggests we can pull and create custom objects and their properties.

Here is the reference to the api. 

Make.com is my go-to tool for such a complex flow but when I don't want to spend too much time on it.

It replaced my 80〜90% of automation development from code to the platform.

Perhaps it is easier to use HTTP module and private token rather than the builtin hubspot module.

You can use the token on your sandbox to GET the objects and then one on the production to create them.

Kan Murota | Founder of Hyper Automation Design Studio
logo

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@NGermay 

There is an app in the HubSpot App Marketplace called the HubSpot to HubSpot Migrator that should meet your needs.

The app uses HubSpot APIs to automatically migrate CRM data from one HubSpot portal to another HubSpot portal.

The app migrates your data with no field mapping required. There is no need to manually create properties.

The following HubSpot data are migrated from one HubSpot portal into another:

Contacts
Companies
Contact Lists
Company Properties
Contact Properties
Custom Properties for all Objects
Custom Objects
Deals
Deal Pipelines
Engagements (Meetings, Tasks, Notes, Calls, Emails)
Owners
Line Items/Products
Tickets
Files/Attachments
CRM Associations between all records

The HubSpot to HubSpot Migrator is designed to update the data in the destination portal. This eliminates duplicate contacts and minimizes duplicate data.

You can the Migrator app to move your custom objects from the sandbox account to production. In general the app can:

- Move data from an existing HubSpot portal to a new one
- Combines two or more existing portals into one
- Consolidate multiple portals
- Migrate data into a developer portal for testing purposes

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
KMurota
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@NGermay 

As @Mike_Eastwood suggests we can pull and create custom objects and their properties.

Here is the reference to the api. 

Make.com is my go-to tool for such a complex flow but when I don't want to spend too much time on it.

It replaced my 80〜90% of automation development from code to the platform.

Perhaps it is easier to use HTTP module and private token rather than the builtin hubspot module.

You can use the token on your sandbox to GET the objects and then one on the production to create them.

Kan Murota | Founder of Hyper Automation Design Studio
logo
0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @NGermay 

We start by creating the Objects in Postman because we work from Dev to Staging to Production. When we start in Postman we just tweak the Objects as we learn.

You can pull the Objects using the API, then push them into another HubSpot Portal, you'll need to clean out everything except the bare minimum of properties to avoid clashes. 

And, I would set up a test portal to test your API work – you can't rename Objects if you make a mistake (you have to delete them and add them again).

Have fun

Mike

NGermay
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the pointing me in the right direction. We created the Objects in our sandbox using Postman with only a few properties and then added most of the properies directly in HubSpot.

I ended up pulling all the schema of the objects using the API, removed all the native HubSpot properties and created the new Object in our Production environment using my modified schema. It seemed to work well and didn't take too much time.

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing your expertise, @Mike_Eastwood 🙌

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @NGermay 👋 Thanks for reaching out. Let's see if our community has any thoughts or approaches outside what you've already found.

Hey, @Mike_Eastwood @KMurota @weiliang_lee have you tackled this type of work before? Do you have any thoughts on approaches outside using the API to export the schema and records? 

Thank you! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes