APIs & Integrations

EGöransson4

Mirror deals from one account to another

SOLVE

Hello, 

I have a pretty specific request. I want to mirror the deals from one of our companies account to another hubspot account. 

To clarify, I want to mirror Deals from portal1 into portal2

(yes, we have two different because of how decentralized these different entities are being governed 😉). 

How would you go with this? 

My initial thought would be to build an private app that could read and write deals in portal1 and then use a webhook in workflows on portal2 that calls on this app to copy them over. Is this doable? Im new to this so maybe im far away from a correct solution. 

Any help is kindly received. 

Br, 

Erik 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ChrisoKlepke
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @EGöransson4

sound like an interesting case and I already have a couple of ideas, things and also questions in the head regarding your topic. 

The biggest question before getting into solution-mode for me would be if these deals needed to stay in sync. So if a Deal is updated in one portal it's also updated in the other, e.g. Deal Stage moved to another or something similar. Depending on that, the solution might need more or less sophistication.

Webhooks could definitely help here. However, there is no need for a custom webhook through a workflow action, I think. There are already webhooks to which you can subscribe to, like in the case of deals:

• deal.creation
  • deal.deletion 
  • deal.propertyChange

You would need a Public App with OAuth, though.

With all that said, I think the easiest route you can take is an iPaaS solution like Zapier or n8n. I prefer the later these days, as you can create your own instance on your own server, which mitigates privacy concerns (something we Europeans always have to look out for) and usually a lot more cost-effective. 

The last approach I can think of is a Custom Code Workflow Action. That can make sense if there is some additional logic you need to set up. One I can think of is not only mirroring the Deals, but also their line items. But there are countless others. If you have Custom Webhooks you most likely have Operations Hub Pro so that feature should be available. 

You are welcome to keep the conversation going and share further information, and maybe we can get to a solution with the rest of the community. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
ChrisoKlepke
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @EGöransson4

sound like an interesting case and I already have a couple of ideas, things and also questions in the head regarding your topic. 

The biggest question before getting into solution-mode for me would be if these deals needed to stay in sync. So if a Deal is updated in one portal it's also updated in the other, e.g. Deal Stage moved to another or something similar. Depending on that, the solution might need more or less sophistication.

Webhooks could definitely help here. However, there is no need for a custom webhook through a workflow action, I think. There are already webhooks to which you can subscribe to, like in the case of deals:

• deal.creation
  • deal.deletion 
  • deal.propertyChange

You would need a Public App with OAuth, though.

With all that said, I think the easiest route you can take is an iPaaS solution like Zapier or n8n. I prefer the later these days, as you can create your own instance on your own server, which mitigates privacy concerns (something we Europeans always have to look out for) and usually a lot more cost-effective. 

The last approach I can think of is a Custom Code Workflow Action. That can make sense if there is some additional logic you need to set up. One I can think of is not only mirroring the Deals, but also their line items. But there are countless others. If you have Custom Webhooks you most likely have Operations Hub Pro so that feature should be available. 

You are welcome to keep the conversation going and share further information, and maybe we can get to a solution with the rest of the community. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

0 Upvotes