APIs & Integrations

Mhokano
Teilnehmer/-in

Migrate Contact's properties to another account

lösung

Hello,

Is it possible to migrate all Contact's properties from one account to another? And workflows?

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Nynke_HM
Lösung
Stratege/Strategin | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @Mhokano ,

Migrating contacts is possible by exporting the data first and importing it into new account afterwards. When exporting, you can choose which properties to include. Here's a helpful article about this topic: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/export-contacts-companies-deals-or-tickets

Migrating workflows is not possible, you'll have to recreate those in the other account.

Kind regards,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
chrispower
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

We've solved this by writing a script to extract all of the properties from one account, and then re-create them in a target account via the API, so we can keep our dev/test accounts in sync with production. 

It's unfortunate that we have to code and maintain this solution ourselves when half of it is already implemented in the product.   Just need to be able to bulk create properties from the exported csv.

chrispower
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

It seems like they're asking not how to import property values, but the properties themselves.  I'm having the same problem now.  We have well over 100 custom deal properties, and we're currently trying to test a custom CRM extension.  

The properties page offers an option to export all company/contact/deal/product/ticket properties.  But as far as I can tell there's no way to import this file into another account.  Which means we're stuck manually re-creating every property in our test account and hoping we don't make a single mistake which might break our tests.  This is really not ideal.  I'm hoping there's a better way that I've missed.

Nynke_HM
Lösung

lösung

Hi @Mhokano ,

Migrating contacts is possible by exporting the data first and importing it into new account afterwards. When exporting, you can choose which properties to include. Here's a helpful article about this topic: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/export-contacts-companies-deals-or-tickets

Migrating workflows is not possible, you'll have to recreate those in the other account.

Kind regards,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution