APIs & Integrations

JakeAGill
Participant

Merge Audits Expire or Permanent Record?

SOLVE

Currently in my system I am trying to increase the integrity of our data by merging duplicate companies.

We import contacts from one of our internal systems to Hubspot as such company names will differ eg: Hubspot & Hubspot LTD etc....

Are merge audits a permanent record held to contacts and companies or do they have an expiry period?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @JakeAGill.

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

No, merge audits are not deleted. As long as the merged (canonical) record remains in your account, it will retain the histories of past merge events.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @JakeAGill.

Could you describe your question in more detail?

Are you asking whether merged contacts and companies will remain merged? If so, they will.

Alternatively, are you wondering whether this new AI-powered duplicate audit will continuously detect duplicate records, even if they have been merged before? If so, it will.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
JakeAGill
Participant

SOLVE

Hi

So I have merged a company with a duplicate of it.

These duplicates had different  company domains attached to them.

After I have merged them, the master company record now has only that one domain set in the properties, as such I have 'lost' that other domain during the merging.

This is solved by the merge audits that is provided when you request a company record via the API because it will have a list of merge history that occured and the values that have not made it into the master record during the merging.

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/companies/get-all-companies

in the list of optional parameters the "Include Merge Audits" option will produce the merge audits in the response from Hubspot.

I would like to know if merge audits are ever deleted.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @JakeAGill.

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

No, merge audits are not deleted. As long as the merged (canonical) record remains in your account, it will retain the histories of past merge events.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
JakeAGill
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks a lot 🙂

Makes things easier