APIs & Integrations

alextao

Meeting Outcome

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm using Hubspot API and have trouble finding how to retrieve the meeting engagement outcome. In the UI we have the feature to log the outcome of a meeting, but how can this data be retrieved by API?

The reason I ask is that looking at the data retrieved by Hubspot API, I cannot tell if a meeting is scheduled or canceled. If there is a way to do this, please help me figure out.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Meeting Outcome

SOLVE

Hey @alextao,

Thanks for the clarification! 

In this case, I would believe that if the engagement previously has the meetingOutcome, it'll still show up on the response body and this is because technically calling the HubSpot engagement APIs again shouldn't affect the previously stored responses.

As such, if there's a current non-deleted engagement that you noticed it doesn't contain the meetingOutcome do let me know! I'd need the following information to further dig into things:

1. Portal ID in question.

2. Contact ID with the engagement in question.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
TWells4
Participant

Meeting Outcome

SOLVE

@WendyGoh Matillion pulls the body of the engagement but its only showing up as <p>had a client visit</p>. It does not have the meeting outcome listed (In the UI its listed as complete). Do you know why/if that can be fixed? The portal ID is 8333361 and the contact ID is 5215851. 

WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Meeting Outcome

SOLVE

Hey @alextao,

The meeting outcome should be show up under the metadata of the return response. i.e. here's one of my meeting engagement with outcome - Scheduled.

{
engagement:{
id:{{engagementId}},
portalId:{{portalId}},
active:true,
createdAt:1591155743505 (June 3, 2020, Wed, 11:42:23am UTC+08:00),
lastUpdated:1591155743990 (June 3, 2020, Wed, 11:42:23am UTC+08:00),
createdBy:6247261,
modifiedBy:6247261,
ownerId:33005231,
type:"MEETING",
timestamp:1591155900000 (June 3, 2020, Wed, 11:45:00am UTC+08:00),
teamId:138220,
activityType:"First outreach",
source:"CRM_UI",
sourceId:"",
allAccessibleTeamIds:[138220 ],
bodyPreview:"testttttt",
queueMembershipIds:[ ],
bodyPreviewIsTruncated:false,
bodyPreviewHtml:"<html>\n <head></head>\n <body>\n <p>testttttt</p>\n </body>\n</html>",
gdprDeleted:false},
associations:{
contactIds:[id],
companyIds:[],
dealIds:[,],
ownerIds:[ ],
workflowIds:[ ],
ticketIds:[ ],
contentIds:[ ],
quoteIds:[ ]},
attachments:[ ],
scheduledTasks:[ ],
metadata:{
startTime:1591155900000 (June 3, 2020, Wed, 11:45:00am UTC+08:00),
endTime:1591159500000 (June 3, 2020, Wed, 12:45:00pm UTC+08:00),
title:"hstest",
body:"<p>testttttt</p>",
source:"CRM_UI",
preMeetingProspectReminders:[ ],
meetingOutcome:"SCHEDULED"}}

Are you able to see the meetingOutcome key in the return response when attempting to get meeting engagements? 

Username-why
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Meeting Outcome

SOLVE

A question regarding this Object:Engagement Type:MEETING  - response previously described:

meetingOutcome:"SCHEDULED"

So once it's set (through GUI/calendar sync) it's possible to retrieve it through the API, as shown.

But there is no way to actually "set" it through the API or "bulk edit" through the GUI?

For Type:CALL there is a "status" field, but not for meeting.

0 Upvotes
alextao

Meeting Outcome

SOLVE

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for the reply!

I was using Stitch to fetch back engagement data, and I did not see the meetingOutcome key in the response. 

Do you mind showing me the request you issued to Hubspot that gets back this response? Of course you can get rid of the api key in your request. 

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Meeting Outcome

SOLVE

Hey @alextao,

Definitely! How could I missed that out.

Here's the endpoint that I'm using: Get recent engagements

I also tried using Get all engagements and it shows the meetingOutcome too!

In this case, could you share with me the following:

1. The exact request url that you're using

2. Your portal ID

3. An example of a meeting engagement that isn't showing the meetingOutcome 

0 Upvotes
alextao

Meeting Outcome

SOLVE

Hi Wendy, thank you very much for your reply! 

I'm using a third-party software to fetch back Hubspot API and confirmed that though Hubspot API returns meetingOutcome, it is the third Party currently that does not return it.

Do you mind telling me, if a meeting gets deleted in the UI, will this meetingOutcome automatically change to "canceled", or will it just be null?

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Meeting Outcome

SOLVE

Hey @alextao,

If an engagement has been deleted, it'll not show up on the engagements API. Are you seeing a deleted engagement showing up on the response body? 

0 Upvotes
alextao

Meeting Outcome

SOLVE

Hi Wendy,

I did not see a deleted event showing up in the response body. I think the reason why I see a deleted event is because Stitch updates its data by unpserting. So if an event gets deleted after Stitch loads the data, then this event will still remain in the database because Stitch has no way to tell if this event should have been deleted.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Meeting Outcome

SOLVE

Hey @alextao,

Thanks for the clarification! 

In this case, I would believe that if the engagement previously has the meetingOutcome, it'll still show up on the response body and this is because technically calling the HubSpot engagement APIs again shouldn't affect the previously stored responses.

As such, if there's a current non-deleted engagement that you noticed it doesn't contain the meetingOutcome do let me know! I'd need the following information to further dig into things:

1. Portal ID in question.

2. Contact ID with the engagement in question.

alextao

Meeting Outcome

SOLVE

Sure. Thank you for all the following-ups.