Apr 30, 2021 10:21 AM - edited Apr 30, 2021 10:23 AM
Hello Hubspotters ! 👋
I'm currently looking for an existing API in the Hubspot market or I'm wondering if there are some tutorials or Git to build an integrated API in Hubspot.
NOTE : I have already built an API for an other app but I'm not as good as a real developper, by far. This is not my job.
Before having in touch my clients, I have set some custom properties in my CRM like :
- "Client Budget Estimation" - Budget estimation that a future owner is ready to use for his next acquisition.
- "Car Value Estimation" - Current value estimation of the car.
Both properties have the same filters (example) :
- 0€ to 300K€
- 300K€ to 600K€
- 600K€ to 1M€
- 1M€ to 2M€
Here is a situation :
- Hubby, my client from Hubspot community, is looking for a car between 1M€ to 2M€.
- I apply Hubby a filter 1M€ to 2M€ to the property "Client Budget Estimation".
- The integrated API automatically matches Hubby needs with the filter 1M€ to 2M€ from the property "Car Value Estimation".
If it's not clear, let me know.
Many thanks for your help, tips and/or your valuable time, I really appreciate it.
Solved! Go to Solution.
May 6, 2021 9:21 AM
This is an interesting idea 😀
This is the way I see it.
You would need two objects. The first would be yoru contacts object and the other would be a custom object that would house your cars.
Contacts would have the Client Budget custom property
Cars (the custom object) would have the Car Value custom property.
For the sake of brevity, we will assume that the car values are set in advance and that the contacts' property is dynamic, but from this example, I believe you could extend it to a bidirectional concept pretty easily.
Using a webhook that is subscribed to the change of the client budget property, your app would grab the contactID as well as the value of the custom property. From this, you will query the search endpoint to search your cars object for any that has the car value property equal to the the client budget property. Lastly, you would then associate the matches to the contact using the Association API.