APIs & Integrations

PJuers

Match-making properties

SOLVE

Hello Hubspotters ! 👋

I'm currently looking for an existing API in the Hubspot market or I'm wondering if there are some tutorials or Git to build an integrated API in Hubspot.

NOTE : I have already built an API for an other app but I'm not as good as a real developper, by far. This is not my job.

Before having in touch my clients, I have set some custom properties in my CRM like :

• "Client Budget Estimation" - Budget estimation that a future owner is ready to use for his next acquisition.
  • "Car Value Estimation" - Current value estimation of the car.

Both properties have the same filters (example) : 

• 0€ to 300K€
  • 300K€ to 600K€
  • 600K€ to 1M€
  • 1M€ to 2M€
  • Etc...

Here is a situation :

1. Hubby, my client from Hubspot community, is looking for a car between 1M€ to 2M€.
  2. I apply Hubby a filter 1M€ to 2M€ to the property "Client Budget Estimation".
  3. The integrated API automatically matches Hubby needs with the filter 1M€ to 2M€ from the property "Car Value Estimation".

If it's not clear, let me know.

Many thanks for your help, tips and/or your valuable time, I really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Pierre-Henry

1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Match-making properties

SOLVE

Hey @PJuers 

This is an interesting idea 😀

This is the way I see it. 

You would need two objects.  The first would be yoru contacts object and the other would be a custom object that would house your cars.

Contacts would have the Client Budget custom property

Cars (the custom object) would have the Car Value custom property. 

For the sake of brevity, we will assume that the car values are set in advance and that the contacts' property is dynamic, but from this example, I believe you could extend it to a bidirectional concept pretty easily.

Using a webhook that is subscribed to the change of the client budget property, your app would grab the contactID as well as the value of the custom property.  From this, you will query the search endpoint to search your cars object for any that has the car value property equal to the the client budget property.  Lastly, you would then associate the matches to the contact using the Association API.

There is always a good chance that I butchered this so I will call in smarter people than I.  @zaklein , @tominal go ahead.  Let me have it 🙃

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Match-making properties

SOLVE

Hi @PJuers 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @frederic_Marken @lynton do you have any suggestions/tips for @PJuers on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

PJuers

Match-making properties

SOLVE

Hi @TiphaineCuisset 👋

Many thanks for the shoutout !

Just to keep you posted, I'm also looking for a solution from my side & for the moment, I have seen nothing like this anywhere.

I have begun to consult API documentation and will probably develop my own one.

As soon as I progress, I will share it with you.

To those whom having any ideas or indication, feel free to interact with this post !

Best regards,

Pierre-Henry

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Match-making properties

SOLVE

Hey @PJuers 

This is an interesting idea 😀

This is the way I see it. 

You would need two objects.  The first would be yoru contacts object and the other would be a custom object that would house your cars.

Contacts would have the Client Budget custom property

Cars (the custom object) would have the Car Value custom property. 

For the sake of brevity, we will assume that the car values are set in advance and that the contacts' property is dynamic, but from this example, I believe you could extend it to a bidirectional concept pretty easily.

Using a webhook that is subscribed to the change of the client budget property, your app would grab the contactID as well as the value of the custom property.  From this, you will query the search endpoint to search your cars object for any that has the car value property equal to the the client budget property.  Lastly, you would then associate the matches to the contact using the Association API.

There is always a good chance that I butchered this so I will call in smarter people than I.  @zaklein , @tominal go ahead.  Let me have it 🙃

zaklein
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Match-making properties

SOLVE

@dennisedson Definitely on the right track 👍 I like the inclusion of the HubSpot app webhook subscription -- a very handy feature. @PJuers I think this is a good case for a custom object (high-value inventory items), and Dennis' approach seems logical to me. Let us know if you don't think we've understood your case, or if you have any follow up questions.

All the best,

Zach