APIs & Integrations

dbswebsite

Mapping Form Field Names

SOLVE

If there is documentation on how to map an external third form field to a form field in hubspot, I can't find it. I have field names on the external form like: "What state are you planning to build in?". How do I map that? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
itzco
Solution
Participant

Mapping Form Field Names

SOLVE

Hi,

Yes, if you query the API you get a very long JSON describing every field.

name will be the system field name or key

options might also be interesting for enumeration fields. If you need to create a dropdown or are mapping values from other sources to one of HubSpot options. value is what you need to save.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
dbswebsite

Mapping Form Field Names

SOLVE

Using the api I get a long output of all the field data. Is the "name" field in the json what I need to key on (I think so)?

0 Upvotes
itzco
Solution
Participant

Mapping Form Field Names

SOLVE

Hi,

Yes, if you query the API you get a very long JSON describing every field.

name will be the system field name or key

options might also be interesting for enumeration fields. If you need to create a dropdown or are mapping values from other sources to one of HubSpot options. value is what you need to save.

dbswebsite

Mapping Form Field Names

SOLVE

Thank you! 

0 Upvotes
dbswebsite

Mapping Form Field Names

SOLVE

Got a problem now. The form has 11 fields, of which 10 are propagating just fine. 3 are dropdowns, and two of those work fine, one does not. I have triple checked the field key and it is correct. I have hardcoded a very simple text value. And nothing works. How does one troubleshoot further? 

0 Upvotes
dbswebsite

Mapping Form Field Names

SOLVE

Hold the horses, I might see the problem ...

0 Upvotes
dbswebsite

Mapping Form Field Names

SOLVE

Yea, fat fingered ALL the options in the dropdown, sheesh.