APIs & Integrations

MarkdeLange
トップ投稿者 | Solutions Partner

Managing API calls on a custom integration

We are running out of API calls frequently, the database size is 40K and we have ober 100 fields synching bewteen SalesForce and Hubspot on a custom synch.

• We will review the number of fields mapped
  • We will increase the time between synchs
  • We are using Bedrock Data (_V1) I assume the API’s are well optimised (e.g. bulk updating)

Salesforce is not used with high intensity today (regional Public holiday) and the API usuage is already over 100K calls.

Is it possible to get help to identify how we can bring the number of API calls down?

Regards,
Mark

15件の返信
MarkdeLange

I tried to set up this workflow, however I can’t see the field Hubspot Contact Link listed in the contact properties.Is there a way I can pull this into a workfow?

0 いいね!
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@markdelange What type of field is it? All contact properties should be available in the workflow.

0 いいね!
MarkdeLange

It is the field with the link to the user’s timeline in Hubspot.

0 いいね!
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@markdelange can you post an example contact and tell me the name of that property? Is this a custom property you made?

0 いいね!
MarkdeLange

Example contact: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/369605/contact/30746/

Email: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/369605/contact/30746/

Field Name: HubSpot Contact Link

Field Value: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/369605/lists/public/contact/_AO_T-mNoa2-XTftDG3LLkRbbraQh_PBHNw-3fw... No this is not a custom property, it is the field which leads to the contact’s timeline when you click on it in Salesforce.

0 いいね!
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@markdelange Where did you find this property? I am not seeing it on the contact.

I believe that property is just part of the SF integration that we have set up and isn’t a normal Contact Property. Any property you can search for at the individual contact level you can use in a workflow. My apologies I thought this was a custom property that you were using.

0 いいね!
MarkdeLange

The custom Bedrock Data integration reads this Hubspot property.

The issue is that the value of this property is changing frequently and as such is consuming many API’s. We hoped to reduce the API calls by creating a static version of this field with a workflow. Is it possible to make this field visible in our portal for Workflows?

0 いいね!
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@markdelange That property is only available via the API and not through the uI so we can’t map it over via a workflow to a static field. My apologies for not putting that together earlier.

0 いいね!
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@markdelange The easiest way to cut down on syncs is to cut down on how often you are are syncing data over. If you contact database is 40k or more then you should only be syncing once or twice a day. Inversely you could look at purchasing our API add-on which increases your total count to 160k/day if you needed a more consistent or smaller interval between syncs.

0 いいね!
MarkdeLange

Hi Peter,

Our entitlement is 140K/day, so an extra 20K API calls per day will not impact significantly.

I was hoping we could pinpoint if there were any optimization opportunities by reviewing the API calls deeper.

•      API Calls by integration ( we have 9 synchs). It may be that some of them need to be optimised

•      API Calls by field (we can review if in the short term we block fields with lower value/high usuage)

Is this something you can assist me with. Are there any other ways you can think of?

Regards,

Mark

0 いいね!
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@markdelange Do you have a special deal worked out? 140k/day is not a standard allotment of API calls. They are usually 40k or 160k. Have you tried contacting bedrock to see if you can get access to any logs to see where all the calls are being made?

0 いいね!
MarkdeLange

This is the deal Hubspot offered when the API policy changes late last year.
We have reduced the number of mapped fields by 30% but the API calls are not going down with the same percentage.
Bedrock have reviewed the logs, and in order to get additional insight have asked whether you can provide information on what IP address or domain is the API request coming from.
Regards,
Mark

0 いいね!
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@markdelange thanks for reaching out. At the moment HubSpot doesn’t keep portal specific logs of which ip addresses and the count of how many each call from each corresponding ip address.

0 いいね!
MarkdeLange

Bedrock have gone through the logs. It appears like the field Profile_URL and Hubspot Contact Link are changing frequently. according to the log 33K times in a day. Bedrock believe there is no need to synch the changed URL as the original URL will work poiint to the correct contact. We are considering to optimise the the synch by creating a workflow to copy this field once into a new field and map this new field in the integration to salesforce. Does this make sense, or are there other ways we can optimise the number of API calls these 2 fields create.

0 いいね!
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@markdelange yep that makes sense to me. I think that could be a good work around.

0 いいね!