APIs & Integrations

tarh33l
Participant

Looking for a more complete HubSpot entity relationship diagram (ERD)

Our team is trying to level up on all things HubSpot and one of the things that we think might be missing is a relationship diagram showing *all* of the HubSpot entities.

We definitely know about the diagram shown here - https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/crm-integration-guide/overview

But the above is really focused on CRM entities. It doesn't reference, say, any of the marketing-related entities (campaigns, emails, lists, etc.).

It looks like others are asking for this as well (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Relationship-Diagram/m-p/347955) but it's been a while since that question was asked.

Can someone let us know if there's a more complete HubSpot ERD out there? If not, we're actually happy to create one and share with the community but we'll probably need something to start with otherwise we'll be guessing (and we'll probably get it wrong).

Thanks!

- Terence

5 Replies 5
shields-mops
Participant

@tarh33l, I could not find a complete HubSpot ER Diagram, so I made the Best HubSpot ER Diagram yet in Lucidchart at https://lucid.app/lucidchart/6a45d47c-99f2-40f0-a353-dec7dc151d95/edit?viewport_loc=76%2C-1558%2C327...

This map will help you craft business processes and requirements. What would you add to it?

DevonG
Contributor

I think this is fantastic. Something I would like to try to add is more tables around the user/owner and explaning the ownership/team model used within HS regarding object and record access. This is what I have so far. I need to think more of how this expands to account hierarchy, custom associations, and inherited records through accounts.

DevonG_0-1704489278047.png

shields-mops
Participant

Thank you, @DevonG—those are great suggestions to add the owner/team table. I'm working on the next version and will consider this.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @tarh33l 

By some coincidence, the subject of updating this diagram came up a couple of days ago and it looks like someone is going to be taking a look at it.  I believe an update has already been applied!

DrAJ71
Participant

Hi @dennisedson,

The ERD says it was updated in March 2022, however it still glosses over emails - Emails are still summarised within an 'Engagement' entity with 'Type(oneof: Email, Call, Task, Meeting, Note)'.

I'm using an API to enable visualisations of HubSpot data in Tableau (for all it's benefits, I find HubSpot enforces too much 'silo-ing' of data for full analysis of results across different entities), and from looking at tables via Tableau Prep, there appear to be a number of email/campaign related tables underlying HubSpot - 'Campaign', 'CampaignEmail', and 'CampaignEmailEvent'.

It would simplify things enormously if we could see just how these are related to each other, as well as to 'Contact' and 'Company' entities. I'm sure i'll figure it out, but it would be useful to easily see what the relevant primary and foreign keys are for each relationship.

Sincerely,

Andy