APIs & Integrations

remcodevries

Logging chat opens/clicks through GTM, GA

SOLVE

Hi,

I want to measure how many times our hubspot-chat is opened/clicked. I created a click-trigger in GTM and attached an event tag.

The trigger is based on either an ID or class (used both) but can't seem to get it to work. Site: www.insided.com

Any ideas?

Remco

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Remcodev,

I've tried various GTM click triggers in the past but have never gotten them to work, either. I believe we're running into issues because the click is registered in the iframe the live chat widget creates.

Here's a similar topic I responded to recently.

As I mentioned there, I recommend upvoting and commenting on this HubSpot Community Idea and any other topics which match your use case to help them become realities.

This information is sent directly to our Product team and helps prioritize feature requests that have the greatest impact on our customers. I’ve already upvoted the idea and will also do my part and pass your feedback along through internal channels.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Remcodev,

I've tried various GTM click triggers in the past but have never gotten them to work, either. I believe we're running into issues because the click is registered in the iframe the live chat widget creates.

Here's a similar topic I responded to recently.

As I mentioned there, I recommend upvoting and commenting on this HubSpot Community Idea and any other topics which match your use case to help them become realities.

This information is sent directly to our Product team and helps prioritize feature requests that have the greatest impact on our customers. I’ve already upvoted the idea and will also do my part and pass your feedback along through internal channels.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes