APIs & Integrations

danielgc

LiveChat (Wordpress) => Slack is working, but Slack => LiveChat (Wordpress) isn't working :(

Hello friends! We are looking for an integration of a chat with slack, and hubspot looks very promising! Yesterday I was able to setup the integration, and when someone writes in a livechat in my site, I receive a notification in the slack channel I selected; but when I try to answer from within slack, the text is not being displayed in the livechat widget 😞

The weird thing is that it worked for a couple hours and suddenly, the widget living on my wordpress site stopped receiving the messages from slack. If I answer from the hubspot website, I can see the replies in the widget, so the only problem is from slack to livechat widget. 

Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
kevhuang
Participant

LiveChat (Wordpress) => Slack is working, but Slack => LiveChat (Wordpress) isn't working :(

Hi @Willson 

Thanks so much for the prompt response! I can confirm that this is working now. I have a related question though, as I notice that when a user enters an email through the automatic email collection at WordPress livechat, it is displayed at Hubspot livechat but nothing is sent to Slack. Is this a bug or intentional? It makes slack integration less favourable because we still have to go to Hubspot's website just to check whether the person has provided an email.

Thanks very much!

Best,

Kevin

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @danielgc @wdz360 @kevhuang,

I just wanted to provide an update that a fix was pushed for this issue and the integration should be working between your WordPress site and Slack now. 

Thanks

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Upvotes
wdz360

Hi I have the same issue

Any hints&

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey guys, 

I just wanted to provide an update for all interested, I am currently investigating this internally at the moment and will revert once we have a better idea.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
kevhuang
Participant

Hi,

I have the exact same problem here where things were working just a while ago and suddenly it stops. We can see replies from Slack displayed on Hubspot's inbox, but they are just not forwarded to WordPress. We can also reply to WordPress messages directly from Hubspot's inbox. It's just Slack -> wordpress not working.

0 Upvotes
kevhuang
Participant

By the way, Slack -> Hubspot -> Facebook Messenger works perfectly. It only fails for WordPress.

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @danielgc,

In order to assist here, would you be able to provide me with a link to your site where the live chat sits and also the Portal Id so I can cross-reference the settings? 

Thanks!